Modding Help Help: MOD Error Flower Festival

Discussion in 'Mods' started by gunterjames, May 31, 2020.

1. gunterjames

gunterjames Orbital Explorer

Hello,

Apologies but I am not sure where to ask this.
    I get this error in the flower festival (which goes away if I remove all mods)

https://smapi.io/log/77b43885e2454a6593aaa30973ae2a35

What happens:
    I go to festival, everything is ok and I can invite npcs to dance with me...but when I ask lewis to start the dance - the question gets looped endlessly and I get the SMAPI error below.

I have more than 600 mods so I have no idea which one is causing it. Of course, I could try removing each...but that's the reason why I'm here. Do you have any idea which one is it?

Here's the error part:

22:47:45 ERROR game An error occured in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at StardewValley.Utility.getFarmerNumberFromFarmer(Farmer who) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Utility.cs:line 1465 at StardewValley.Event.setUpFestivalMainEvent() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Event.cs:line 4030 at StardewValley.Event.answerDialogueQuestion(NPC who, String answerKey) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Event.cs:line 4257 at StardewValley.Dialogue.chooseResponse(Response response) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Dialogue.cs:line 936 at StardewValley.Menus.DialogueBox.receiveLeftClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\DialogueBox.cs:line 338 at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4117 at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3548 at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2913 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 829

• Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Big Damn Hero

Since the log does not specify which mod is causing the problem, you could try removing the mods that mainly affect npcs, such as "Part of the community" or "Random Visitors". Which npc did you invite to dance, if it's a custom npc that may be the problem, many custom npcs are not coded/programmed properly to be dance partners at the festival due to SDV limitations.
      Also the mod "[GG] Collar" does not contain a manifest.json so SMAPI will not consider it a mod and will skip it, and you also have an empty folder named "Lemonade Stand Machine \ previews" in your mod folder.

And don't worry, don't lose your patience, I have more than 1070 mods installed in SDV so I know how frustrating it can be to remove mods one by one to know which one is causing errors. :rofl:

• gunterjames

gunterjames Orbital Explorer

Found it - it's Custom NPC Mona conflicting with the SVE during the flower festival (although it's not her that I asked to dance with). I had to remove her festival locations and works fine now.

But wow! 1070 mods? I should see the reactions of people on Facebook that gave me a very confused reaction when they saw my amount of mods. :D

• Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Big Damn Hero

Now I have more than 1100 mods, counting my own mods. :rofl:

I spent hours creating compatibility mods and editing some mods to make them compatible with the others. :rofl: