Modding Help help needed with ".animation" files

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by KRANOT, Aug 4, 2016.

1. KRANOT

KRANOT Big Damn Hero

so i have a friend who is trying to make an animated workbench in our mod work but it dosn't work properly. we looked up this guide ( http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/basic-object-implementation-a-tutorial.21463/ ) and it was of great help but there is a file that ends on ".animation" and we can't make sense of that one file.

ingame the workbench is displayed 4 times, each instance of this should actually be a frame of its animation. does this have to do with that file?

[​IMG]

any tipps? Feel free to directly private-message my friend in addition to posting here! his forum Username is:
    BurningPixels

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

no animation file is needed for objects to be animated. You need a frames file and a few lines in the object file. Check out... like any of the animated objects from the vanilla game

3. KRANOT

KRANOT Big Damn Hero

could you post an example of these "lines"? or maybe post a screenshot of how it should look for a properly animated workbench? (like the architects table for an instance)

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Just look at how other objects do it. There are plenty of examples in the assets.

5. KRANOT

KRANOT Big Damn Hero

i can't really look at annything. it is my friend who does the programming .-. so i have no idea what i would need to look for. .-. could you maybe exactly tell me what i need to tell my friend what he needs to look for?

6. iMisterX

iMisterX Big Damn Hero

This is what you exactly need:

A .frames file which has the following code:
    Code:
    {

"frameGrid" : {
        "size" : [32, 40],  // numbers depend on your object's dimentions
        "dimensions" : [4, 1],
        "names" : [
          [ "default.0", "default.1", "default.2", "default.3" ],
        ]
      },

"aliases" : {
        "default.default" : "default.0"
      }
    }

And you put those lines in your .object file, in the "orientations" directory near the end of the file:

Code:

"dualImage" : "filename.png:<color>.<frame>",  //doesnt have to be "dualImage, just mae sure you have the <frame> part
          "frames" : 4
          "animationCycle" : 1,

7. KRANOT

KRANOT Big Damn Hero

thanks i will forward it to our programmer! i hope this is what he did wrong ^^