Modding Help [Help Please] SMAPI Fails to Initialize

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Sylphie, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Sylphie

Sylphie Big Damn Hero

hi there! I'm terribly sorry to be a bother, but I'm in a bit of a pickle here, haha....

I play through Steam, and I don't really think I've made any recent changes to my files, be it a basegame update, SMAPI update or new mods, but my game just won't start anymore?

it was working perfectly fine just a few short days ago, and now I get an error every time I try to start up SMAPI: https://smapi.io/log/52956f50484841a49340088e7e805470

when I try to start the game via the base .exe on the other hand, the Steam launcher looks as if it's opening the game. it says it's running, and then a few short seconds later, it just stops. nothing pops up on the screen, the launcher just gives me the option to try relaunching the game, and nothing.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled SDV itself as a whole multiple times and that hasn't done anything.

I saw reinstalling xnafx40_redist.msi was a suggestion someone else received for a similar(?) problem, and that didn't help either.

I don't know if I should just scour my computer to delete everything from my appdata or something at this point, I'm just Tired and want the game to work......... ;_____;

• Sylphie

Sylphie Big Damn Hero

the log parser honestly looks fine, but here's what SMAPI says when I try to launch the game:

SMAPI failed to initialize: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'StardewModdingAPI.Constants' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'StardewValley.Game1' threw an exception. ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.
      at StardewValley.Game1..cctor()
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at StardewModdingAPI.Constants..cctor() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Constants.cs:line 92
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at StardewModdingAPI.Constants.get_GameVersion() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Constants.cs:line 92
      at StardewModdingAPI.Program.AssertGameVersion() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 94
      at StardewModdingAPI.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 40
      Game has ended. Press any key to exit.

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

• Sylphie

Sylphie Big Damn Hero

.NET Framework 4.5.2 and XNA Framework 4.0 are both installed, and restarting didn't help, unfortunately.....

I also tried running the game both with and without SMAPI, and the problem still remains.

I then tried to delete the startup preferences in appdata, with no effect..... and making an exception for SDV and SMAPI in my antivirus did nothing either. ;;

is there any way I can completely erase every last bit of SDV data on my computer so I can try a clean reinstallation?

regardless though, I genuinely appreciate your attempt to help me. ;w;

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Anything like RivaTuner or Afterburner installed?