Modding Help Help possibly saving an old save file?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by staarfruit, Dec 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi, so like it says on the title, I've been having some problems with a save file. Whenever I try to load it with SMAPI it crashes to desktop and if I try to load it with the vanilla game it loops back to the title screen.

At first I thought it was because I deleted some mods without making sure I deleted everything in the save from the mod first. So I tried adding all of those mods back in with no luck.

I've also tried editing the save file, I deleted all the entries I could find that referenced the mods I was using, which were some of the Json Assets mods that add crops and recipes, and now I get a black screen for a couple seconds before it crashes.

I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that I'll probably never be able to open this save file again, but I'm posting here as a last ditch effort in hopes that someone might possibly be able to help me solve the issue.

I've uploaded both the error log and the save file for whoever would like to take a look. Like I said, I've figured that it can't be saved, but I'm posting here in the hopes that I'm wrong.

Thank you in advance for even taking a look, I appreciate it. :3

https://smapi.io/log/QryHGQq4

Attached Files:

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

Your log doesn't show the problem since you messed up the filename of your save and the game couldn't find it.

There was a problem with a chest and its location. I was able to load your farm after I fixed that.

Attached Files:

staarfruit likes this.
      • staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

OMG, thank you so much!!!