Modding Help Help uninstalling classy new interior mod

Discussion in 'Mods' started by happyfarmer19, Nov 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. happyfarmer19

happyfarmer19 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi all!

I downloaded the classy new interior mod from Nexus but decided that I didn't like it. I quit the game and uninstalled the file through Vortex, but when I reopened the game the mod was still active! I've tried multiple times to uninstalling and reinstalling the game as well as verifying the game files through Steam but nothing has worked. I've been trying for so long to fix this and I have no idea what to do! Please, please help if you can!

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Sounds like an issue with Vortex. I would ask in their support area!

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Vortex doesn't work well with Stardew Valley, it's generally recommended to manually install which in the case of Stardew Valley mods is just dropping the mod into the mods folder.

• honorelle1702

honorelle1702 Void-Bound Voyager

if you've disablled/unistalled in Vortex, open the actual game folder, the one steam or whatever actually installed the game to. Open the Mods folder, navigate to the mod you were trying to uninstall and delete the folder.
          If you ever want to edit a mods config.json, you'll need to do basically the same thing, re: navigate to the mod, it can't be done through Vortex.

• happyfarmer19

happyfarmer19 Void-Bound Voyager

I had to delete the entire Stardew Valley folder and reinstall literally everything to fix it.. There was probably an easier way but I'm just dumb lol. Thanks all!