1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Help with client server no longer valid problem

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by khelvan, Jun 23, 2020.

1. khelvan

khelvan Space Hobo

Hello, I've been running Starbound and inviting my partner to play with me directly, not running a dedicated server. When she and I are playing together everything is great, but if I take any actions before or after she joins/leaves my game we get these client-server connection errors. I knew this and we avoided these errors for weeks of playing, but then today I did a tiny bit of mining before she joined my game and we got the error again. We can no longer play.

It seems to be tied to taking actions on a world, so if I were to say do some mining on one world, if she were to try to join me on that world we get the error, even though she doesn't get the error when beaming to other worlds.

I've tried deleting the shipworld file as suggested, but this does nothing. I'm beginning to suspect a mismatch between the clientcontext and system/world files in the universe folder, but as I know nothing about which files are compared to which in this game I don't know what I should be checking.

Could someone please assist me in figuring out this problem? We've put a lot of hours into building a virtual home together and it would be really sad if we couldn't play any longer. It's really a connecting game for us and I could use your help.

Thank you!