Chat Hels Chatroom V: Hel's Angels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I should have checked the fragmentation on a bunch of old drives I threw away last week.

Also I've found a website full of video game music rips. I need a bigger sd card for my phone.
    Still can't bloody find a good download for the music from LittleBigPlanet though. I'm gonna have to rip them from the game myself at this rate.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I should check my 1tb drives to see. None of them are in my pc though so it doesn't really matter.

Jimlad 42, Parrotte and Firebird Zoom like this.
  3. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Out of sight out of mind? :p

Also I've downloaded like 20gigs of music over the past 3 days, somebody please stop me

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  4. An Old Knight

An Old Knight Ketchup Robot

I always try to manually defrag my PC every few months, but then I remember my PC defrags itself every week. The only maintenance that my PC doesn't/can't do by itself is dusting. Anyways, my current update is frustrated with Bethesda for their crappy modding support despite being the #1 modded games of all time, no matter how much I search for answers I can't find the solution to fix the mod I'm making because everyone else apparently just uses vanilla assets and reskins them.

Parrotte and Jimlad 42 like this.
  5. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

So my sis is just a few weeks away from getting her Master's degree. Pretty exciting.

6. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

guys i has a question!

suppose an objectively bad person created a neat thing. you might be inclined the shun their creation because of the past actions of that person. but what if one or more objectively good people also helped create the neat thing? you would want to praise them for their creativity.

how do you tell whether you should shun or praise the creation?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  7. Wilsonionium

Wilsonionium Void-Bound Voyager

You're referring to chucklefish, yes? If so, they've been functioning as a game publisher more than a game developer. I would go on a rant how evil game publishers are, but I won't do that. The only two games I know chucklefish developed were the crowdfunded bestseller starbound and wargroove, a rather generic TBS. You refer to starbound as 'neat thing'. It's not very true. Ask anyone who truly enjoyed the game. They've played the game with at least a dozen mods. Current interest for the game is placed on shoulders of the modding community. If interest in modding was to perish, so would the interest in starbound.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  8. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

That depends on the situation. Depends on the person, the reason they're a bad person, what they made and what's good about it.
    In general I can easily say that someone might be a bad person but what they've done or made is neat and praise the person for their creation.
    Or if they're a bad person and didn't help in a project but others did and they made the project a succes, I'd still praise the end result and those that actually helped create it.

Like Wilsonionium said though, I have a faint feeling you're not exactly talking about hypotheticals.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  9. Bonabopn

okay this is a bit awkward but i am not talking about chucklefish at all :(

i wanted to avoid naming the thing because i don't want an arguement about whether the creator is *actually* bad or not. i wanted to consider if their critics were right to shun them, and what stance i should take on their criticism.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  10. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

So the seven year old told me the other day that she misses England.

Firebird Zoom and Jimlad 42 like this.
  11. An Old Knight

I wouldn't have guessed that hosting a 24/7 Terraria server for those in my Discord would show me the worst side of people I thought were my friends and show me that the people I didn't like before are actually better friends than the people I know IRL. It is very fun though, most of us came together to make a fairly decent base and created the world's fastest elevator to Hell. Granted at one point I had to completely redo our storage area because one; we didn't have enough room for all our stuff, 2; everything was very much in the wrong chests and I spent many, many hours sorting everything.

12. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I wouldn't play without Magic Storage anymore, I just can't.

[​IMG]

I mean, it looks neat, but holy mother of god it takes up a lot of space.

Kinda miss Terraria though. Been preparing Starbound for some good old building again as well.

----

How's everyone here doing anyway? Been a while since I asked.

Jimlad 42 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  13. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Doing well, planning D&D games, making video games, making Minecraft modpacks, playing a minecraft modpack, doing schoolwork, side-questing from saving the world in Xenoblade 2, it's been a busy day.

Also, yeah, I just can not play Terraria without Magic Storage by this point, it's such a great mod.

Parrotte and Firebird Zoom like this.
  14. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Been dealing with some health issues but it seems to be getting better these last couple days.

15. Bonabopn

i am afluff, thank you for asking. c:
    the magic storage mod is quite useful, but honestly i usually find it quite easy to organise my items in terraria.

16. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Hi guys hows everyone doing?

been a while

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  17. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Going well, fixed a 3d model for printing and made him a guide on how to model for printing, prepared for a D&D game, working on homework, planned how to help someone with the game we're working on, watching some videos, ate dinner, it's been a busy past 3 hours.

18. An Old Knight

I have been quiet on my Discord server, people kept making "what if" statements and asking where I had been so much that my best friend freaked out and came over to check on me. People thought I was dead, but the first thing he said was "what the f**k happened to your hair?", I had shaved everything off including the beard because my hair was like... almost 7 inches long and my beard was even a few inches in length as well. To top it off people at McDonald's want me to come back after what? Like 3 months? Whatever, gotta play Noita and hate me for being bad at it.

Jimlad 42 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  19. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Last night was the graduation. We had a big party here at the house afterward.

20. An Old Knight

Currently debating on what I want to do. I need a project (the last two projects I have been the most painful things I've ever had to do other than customer service) to keep me busy and was thinking of either: 3D modeling a character perhaps, drawing terribly, or landscaping. I have a drawing tablet, but I am not an artist and I can't even make straight lines. Quixel got bought out by Epic and I happen to use both: Quixel a 3D scan library, and UE4. As for 3D modeling, I could perhaps try something complicated for once like, character design or sculpting.