Chat Hels Chatroom V: Hel's Angels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, Oct 28, 2017.

1. An Old Knight

An Old Knight Ketchup Robot

It's now Monday, which means I finally have reached my weekend.

On a virus related note, 18% of confirmed COVID cases are in my county (only about 200 people), but the numbers are growing exponentially as the days pass... Nevermind, just rechecked, it's 20% at 240 cases.
    linegraph040520.jpg

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  2. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Sorry to be crude but that chart you showed is like a 15th of what's happening in the Netherlands and god knows what in other countries.

On a lighter note
    [​IMG]
    Final Fantasy 14 currently has an easter event that has you dress up in a bunny suit to throw an undefined sticky white goop at runaway chickens in order to catch them with a net.
    I'm not sure PETA agrees with this.

also forgot to add
    The game gave me 3 seperate aneurysms today
    First one was the shadow of a lantern being cast by a nonexistant moon, and which cast a shadow through the lantern's own light
    Then there was the creepy porcelain doll boss in the discount magical Upside Down tower
    and then this
    [​IMG]

[screams]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  3. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

I mean, it's for a mid-tier state not an entire country, so it makes sense it doesn't quite compare the same way. Straight numbers mean very little. Statistics are complicated, there's no perfect graph method, but there are certainly difficult to use graphing methods. From what I can tell, this is one of the better, but I'm just saying that because someone I trust made it.

Also, that clearly looks like a net, what part of that is a goop? Does... Does FF14 not know what a net is? Or did they intentionally try to make it weird?

Parrotte likes this.
  4. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Nono
    You throw goop at the chickens and then you use the net to catch them. Here's a pic of a swarm of bees getting hit by the mystery goop.
    [​IMG]
    The splotch is the particle effect of the goop hitting the bees.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I literally forgot Easter was a holiday and that it would be happening around this time of year. Thanks for reminding me, I guess?

Parrotte, Jimlad 42 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  6. An Old Knight

Of course, Oklahoma has very few cases compared to an entire country, everything is very far apart in Oklahoma... except Tulsa county is right next to the state capital and the majority of our population lives here. It's only taken a few weeks for people to start getting infected and every day the number goes up by 100-200 more people and that number itself is getting bigger.

On a different note, I've got plenty of artistic ideas, but I keep reminding myself that I have no skills every time I try to execute one of my ideas. Basically it boils down to the fact I can't make a circle let alone a straight line.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  7. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Uh, you're welcome? Hehe.

People made millions by throwing paint at a canvas and duct-taping a bloody banana to the wall.

If you want to talk about wasting time, I can tell you how I spent months learning a broken ass tool to make a map for a little played gamemode of a dying game.
    oh wait i think i have before, mmm

I've made maps in Source and done things in WorldBuilder for DoW2 and spent literally hundreds of hours in Warcraft 3's World Editor simply because it was fun and I liked doing it
    As long as you enjoy doing it, it's worth learning! You won't get better at drawing if you don't draw at all :3

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  8. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Should see all my Minecraft modpacks.
    Recently I started working on a Pixelmon pack, that will be fun to clutter my hard-drive in the future. (But they added farmables for all the berries, I can let players farm berries to make potions/restoration items now!)

9. An Old Knight

I think I've mentioned before that I've started many custom made mods for games, but I never finish them, they either advance to the point where I hit a limitation in the game itself, or I simply don't know how to do anything and I never get past the basics.

If I could stop being a depressed idiot maybe my mental block would clear and trying to practice art wouldn't seem like a waste of time.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  10. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Have you seen about Create? That stuff looks wild.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  11. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Yeah, Create will be a fun mod to play around with. A shame it's for 1.14/1.15, given my pack's in 1.12. It would be a good fit. As it is, I'm struggling to find a good tech mod that fits Pokemon's general technology without being a huge chore to use, while also having an interesting tech tree.
    I was considering Industrial Craft, modifying the tech tree a bit, but then I realized it doesn't have any farming blocks that could farm berries/apricorn, and it might be hard to rebalance effectively.
    Thermal Expansion I decided is too... simple a tech tree. Just different cores allowing for more upgrades isn't much of an upgrade.
    EnderIO has potential, but I'm not sure how hard it'll be to re-tool it to exclude mob drops, and I'm not too fond of how the art style would fit into a Pokemon setting; the conduits in particular feel off to me.
    If you have any suggestions, I'd like to hear 'em.

12. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I wish I could give you some suggestions but I genuinely haven't played Minecraft in years now, let alone kept up with all the various mods. The last technological mods I remember were in Tekkit Classic (Which I love).

Yes.

I'm like an old person when it comes to mods.

"Keep up with the time gramps!"
    I didn't.

xD

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  13. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Finally went out after approximately 6.5 weeks indoors. Went to the shop for some junk food. My sis won't be too happy about it but I wore a mask as mandated and washed my hands and such. Just because I'm high risk doesn't mean I'll catch it easier. It just means it would likely be more severe if I do catch it.

Firebird Zoom and Jimlad 42 like this.
  14. An Old Knight

No getting sick Pan, if you do I'll tell Dad.

Pangaea and Jimlad 42 like this.
  15. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Bit late to the party but you're not allowed to get sick!
    [​IMG]

Pangaea and Jimlad 42 like this.
  16. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Wow it's been so long since I was last here
    The forums really have seemed to slow down, they used to almost constantly be active

Firebird Zoom and Jimlad 42 like this.
  17. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

Hey, Firepaw.

Also, looking at activity, the mods sections do still seem to be pretty active, but just that everything not related to the games have had their most prolific people move on.

Firepaw Da Cat and Jimlad 42 like this.
  18. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Yeah, most people moved to Discord, and from there scattered to the four winds.
    So, how's it going for you, lately?
    Personally, I've been enjoying Terraria 1.4, and just got Outer Worlds so I'm about to start that. (Looking at the main menu now.) I'm also considering Borderlands 3, since the Epic sales are good.

Firepaw Da Cat and Firebird Zoom like this.
  19. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Hey Firebird, how are you?
    The mod sections are still active? Ah, okay

Yeah I'm spending most of my time on Discord these days too
    I've been really good! Planning on moving with my boyfriend someday soon!
    And Terraria 1.4 is great so far, I've been playing it quite a bit, kinda sucks that it will take so long for mods to come to 1.4, but I'm sure when they do they'll be amazing
    Outer worlds and Borderlands 3, I've played both of those, they're fun!
    But with Borderlands 3, the gameplay is better than the previous games, but the story is kiiiind of awful

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

I'm doing some RPs on other sites, but I'm otherwise doing pretty well.

Jimlad 42 likes this.