Chat Hels Chatroom V: Hel's Angels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Surenu's Discord server is still active. I believe you were in it a while back. It's mostly people from the forums but it is a little slow sometimes. Only a handful of people actually talk regularly. I can PM you the invite if you want, FP. I won't post it publicly because it is an R-rated server.

Firepaw Da Cat and Jimlad 42 like this.
  2. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Sure, send me an invite, I'm fine with that

Pangaea and Jimlad 42 like this.
  3. DarkAvery

DarkAvery Void-Bound Voyager

I found the Novali mod on the workshop and fell in love instantly. Only recently did I find mods for unique dialogue, their following seems to be minimal

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  4. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

How is everyone doing today (or whenever you see this)?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

i was feeling down so i went back to bed until 2pm, but then i bought ice cream and im now checking my webcomics c:

Pangaea and Jimlad 42 like this.
  6. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

On that day, terrible. I was melting from a heat of over 80F...
    Today, I'm doing good. Excited for my D&D games over the next 48 hours!

7. DarkAvery

DarkAvery Void-Bound Voyager

Things are ok, have a lot on my mind but we're working through it

Firebird Zoom and Jimlad 42 like this.
  8. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Been not feeling great today, but I've been working on a big art project that I'm happy with, so I'm mostly fine!

9. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Time for the monthly check-in. How's everyone doing?

Alkanthe and Jimlad 42 like this.
  10. Bonabopn

hiyo, i was low on money but i got paid today! but its mostly gotta be used for next months bills.
    in videogame land, i am finishing the last few achievements in Animal Crossing: New Horizons before i stop playing it. i've played it almost every day since launch :O

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  11. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Covid suuuuuuuucks....
    Persona 5 was great, debating if I wanna get 4 on the switch or PC, excited to read the Sanderson Secret Project book I just got, and I have a growing sense of dread as it grows warmer.
    (I could edit this to be coherent, but that would imply I can be coherent right now.)

12. Bonabopn

today i uninstalled Animal Crossing New Horizons. i've played almost every day since march 2020, but i decided it was time to stop and i got the last achievement last week c:

Alkanthe, Firebird Zoom and Jimlad 42 like this.
  13. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

That's some serious dedication there Bon. Hopefully you enjoyed it c:

How is everyone??

Bonabopn and Jimlad 42 like this.
  14. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Going well, feeling 95% better, only have a minor cough left.

I'm getting back in the swing of working on my game project, Clock Busters. (Which means I'm re-learning the feeling of having made no progress despite having actually made good progress.)
    Last week was spent re-working the enemies to actually be reasonable to code with, and this week I plan to focus on fixing up some of the code for stuff like doors; right now it's... so bad right now. (Each lever for a door basically has a "yes/no?" switch, and each door individually decides if yes is open or closed. Complicated mechanisms like locking the player in a room until the enemies are defeated was terrifyingly annoying.) And then I'll work on setting up a room to actually make use of those levers/doors in an interesting way. And if I have time afterward, I'll start work on a simple boss.

Other than that, I've been enjoying reading Sanderson's Secret Project book #1, it's really good. And answers so many questions so casually I'm left with even more questions. (Since when does Nalthis have circuit-level technology?!)
    And I've been going crazy in my D&D games, which may come to bite me later, but for now it's really fun to give players too many options so they can't decide how they want to break the game since they don't have time to do it all.

15. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Sounds great Jim, glad you're feeling better, and your game sounds good. Really glad its working out :D

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Hi, Hel! Long time no see. :)

Glad you're feeling better.

Firebird Zoom and Jimlad 42 like this.
  17. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

*pops head up* Oh hello I exist again I guess? I made a post in my art thread that has a bit of updates and stuff, and some art summaries from 2019-2022, though I was most active on the forums from 2015-2017. I might see if I can't scrape together a 2018 one at some point, if I can find enough stuff from that time period? But my stuff's pretty disorganized and scattered, so it took me long enough to make these lol. ♦️

Firepaw Da Cat, Pangaea and Jimlad 42 like this.
  18. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I want to say I recognise your name from my early times on the forums but I don't know for sure. Either way, hello. :)

Jimlad 42 and Alkanthe like this.
  19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

*looks up profile* Oh okay lol. I know Hel was here back when I was, but I guess you arrived rather late in my run (not that it's a competition, ofc!)

How have things been since I've been gone, actually? Has it just been something of a slow decline in activity, or...? (And if course if this is a touchy subject, no one has to answer; I'm just curious and out of the loop )

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Things are very slow right now. There's not much going on with the games showcased here on the forums. It's natural for forums to have slow periods, especially a gaming forum that has mostly years old games. A lot of activity has moved over to the official Chucklefish discord, lots of talk and hype for Witchbrook; Wildfrost just released as well.