1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Hey guys! Dev here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hopoo, May 5, 2013.

1. hopoo

hopoo Risk of Rain Developer Developer

Hey all! I don't think I quite have admin powers yet, but I'm one of the developers of the game. It's great that you are all so interested in our game.

Ask any questions! :)

• Pastuleio

Pastuleio Risk of Rain Developer

What's your cat's name? :p

• Salem_1337

Salem_1337 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Where are you from? :D

• Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

I just wanna say your game is looking very promising so far, keep up the good work!

Rainbow likes this.
          • Skyrath

Skyrath Void-Bound Voyager

I played this game a while back and I got hooked immediately. Sadly I have to admit I haven't played it since, but I think it may be time to start playing again. I would like to ask you how long it took you to produce this game, and has it turned out exactly how you expected it to?

Lachee likes this.
            • hopoo

hopoo Risk of Rain Developer Developer

:-|
              I was originally born in Japan, but I now live in Seattle, Washington. Hooray rain!
              That's great to hear!
              We have been going since.. December 2012, so quite a few months. The game is much different then how it was originally designed; there was only one planned map, and it was more of a base-defense game. It has absolutely changed for the better, but it's fun to remember our earlier plans

Endless Rain, Draken09 and Skyrath like this.
              • DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey! Like to see some devs here! I just created some sort of Russian community of Risk of Rain at vk.com!

Rainbow likes this.
                • Salem_1337

Salem_1337 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Maybe you could add this kind of gameplay to game? I could be fun if there were challenges like this :up:

• Felonious

Felonious Existential Complex

Been playing the demo for far too long, need to go sleep now. Just want to say that I think you guys are making something awesome, and I look forward to the finished product.

• Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

What is your opinion on monkey sausages?

• Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Played the demo for awhile my man. Found it through Northernlion's channel. So far I really am enjoying it, dunno if this has been asked anywhere before, but how many playable characters do you have planned out?
                        And thanks for a very cool experience.

• demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

What are your thoughts on mollygos deleting my "FIRST!!!" post? Do you think people should be allowed to plant flags on hidden forums?

• DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They plan at least 10 playable characters. You could see "bandit" class in latest dev demo of co-op mode (can be found in "media" at this site).
                            I'd like to open vote tread about return this article!

• Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Yep watched it when it came to the site. Thanks for the quick response.

@demanrisu: you get out of here!

• I just tried Risk of Rain's demo and it's really fun. Keep up the good work, developers.

• QuaziPance

QuaziPance Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is there any chance of getting an official announcement by Tiy or someone on the starbound page of the fact that RoR is now a chucklefish game? I think that would give the kickstarter a HUGE push. I personally had never heard of the game until I saw it on the forums and after playing the demo I instantly backed. It's a really great game and I feel like the word just isn't getting out there.

• navar0nius

navar0nius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• krawky398

krawky398 Ketchup Robot

Hey dev! Guy here! Uh. Any chance of any other forms of precipitation? Um. I should probably stop being silly.

This really looks like a thing I'll have to keep an eye on, since the details explained in the about page have me interested. I just grabbed the demo, too, so I'll have to try that out later on too.

• gangwarily

gangwarily Astral Cartographer

I just noticed who asked this question xD

• Woo! Welcome aboard. :D I'll give you fancy RoR Dev forum badges soon.