1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Hey guys! Dev here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hopoo, May 5, 2013.

1. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

I find it both amusing and very fortunate that a couple days ago I was watching Risk of Rain being played on Delicious Cinnamon's livestream, going "Omg, Risk of Rain? What is thing and how do I get more of it?" and then I wake up today to find it just hanging out on this forum as a Chucklefish game.

• petelectro

petelectro Subatomic Cosmonaut

this game is so much fun. I thought "well let's check out the demo then, if tiy likes it, it's probably good" BAM one hour gone in a blink of an eye :)

backed it and looking forward to it.

edit: ohhhh forgot my question: what kind of other character classes can we expect?

• hopoo

hopoo Risk of Rain Developer Developer

I think this is happening sometime soon :)
        there is a risk of rain, partly cloudy at the moment

• Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

Welcome to the family guys I'm glad I see risk of rain here I was watching the livestream where tiy said that if he liked the game he would help publish it.

Do you guys have any plans for post release content? I love how the game looks so far miner seems like my type of guy, being able to combo ablilies for maximum effectiveness

• Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

You will always be a space hobo to me hopoo.
            space hobo.png

Draken09, Rainbow and demanrisu like this.
            • Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Heya devs! Welcome to the fold, as I said earlier in my thread welcoming you folks. :) I saw Tiy play your game and it looks NASTY. :rofl:

Are you going to have any specialized range classes? Maybe try some crowd control characters?

• Pastuleio

Pastuleio Risk of Rain Developer

Hahaha. hopoo will always be a hobo.

• Torren

Torren Ketchup Robot

Really cool to see all the work on RoR, played the demo and it was quite fun!

• joey4track

joey4track Ketchup Robot

Yay, congrats on hooking up with chucklefish! Yay, official forums!!

I started playing the alpha and was totally hooked. Actually I still prefer the alpha over the demo even though it is easier(that's why i play on hardcore) but I have a problem recording it. I get terrible fps with every program I use to record. Is this a known issue or can it be fixed?

• Vennox

Vennox Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, watched the crazy stream where this deal sort of came to life. I'm so happy that the 2 indie games I'm most looking forward to are now kind of together.

Now to the actual question: As Risk of Rain is now a Chucklefish published game, do you need Steam Greenlight to get on Steam, or is it now 100% sure that Risk of Rain is released on Steam when it's finished?
                      Also, do Kickstarter backers who purchased the full game, also get a Steam key?

Keep up the good work. Really looking forward to the game!

• I definitely just did a playthrough of your beta and died at the teleporter ( I was low on health to boot), but it was awesome. I'm stoked about this game now, can't wait to start getting updates, kudos to you guys.

Oh and I love the atmosphere, and the composer is awesome!

• hopoo

hopoo Risk of Rain Developer Developer

Hey joey! I've noticed you've been following us for a long time :). That's something we noticed, and its a GameMaker issue. It MIGHT be fixed, however, once we update our GameMaker.
                          “For the other anons and any other people looking to record things: Try Open broadcaster instead. It ought to work just fine. It’s also free and compresses your videos in well-implemented and high-quality methods that don’t take up 10 gigs per minute! EVERYONE WINS! \o/ “

It's not guaranteed to be on Steam, but it definitely increases the chance! If we have the option, we'd like to offer a choice between Steam or non-Steam for backers.

Salem_1337, Quantum and Pastuleio like this.
                          • Anonymous

Anonymous Forum Bot

Been following Risk of Rain since it was first shown on /agdg/ while back, good to see it grow and also be published by Chucklefish. I wish you good luck with your game, and you can bet I'll be playing it.

For a question: What was the most challenging thing to overcome when coding your game?
                            did you just like make game

• joey4track

joey4track Ketchup Robot

Thanks hopoo! Man, I hope you guys can fix it. I tried Open Broadcaster and I couldn't get it to work, maybe I'll try again.

I'm so beast at this game! I want to upload high level hardcore gameplay, hope I can get around this :cool:

EDIT: Back to Open Broadcaster. It looks like this is only for live streaming? Can I not just record videos to upload after??

EDIT 2: Ok, now I see. Sorry I'm slow sometimes :zzz:

• QuaziPance

QuaziPance Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, not to me because I don't use twitter. But I suppose that a lot of people do. Would still like to see it mentioned on the main site. They still don't have a link to the game on their main site yet either. Which I understand it was only announced a day ago, but with the kickstarter ending soon it seems like it should be top priority.

• Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

tryed the demo awhile ago after northenlion played it
                                  cool to see that Cuttlefish is picking it up

• Jone991

Jone991 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

RoR backers should have badge too :p

Draken09 likes this.
                                    • gangwarily

gangwarily Astral Cartographer

That would be pretty sweet.

• CommodoreFrank

CommodoreFrank Subatomic Cosmonaut

Congrats on the publisher deal! I'm really looking forward to seeing more of the game in the beta.

• ArrTeaSea

ArrTeaSea Big Damn Hero

Congrats on the deal! I am extremely excited for the future of RoR <3