1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey im new to this game

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Dipolarthrone, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Dipolarthrone

Dipolarthrone Void-Bound Voyager

And i wanted to know if this game (which is awsome by the way) if it is still being supported

2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

The Xbox port is still being worked on so there is a feature freeze right now.

Armok likes this.
  3. Dipolarthrone

Oh okay thanks so much is there any expectation for the port release as i would love to buy it for a younger sibling and is there any chance it would come out this holiday season

4. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

No announcements have been made about a release date for the port. They were having major trouble with multiplayer lag and are hard at work fixing the issues.

Armok likes this.
  5. Dipolarthrone

Ok thanks a lot

6. zoklyinkling

zoklyinkling Void-Bound Voyager

yeah, I'm planning to get it on my Xbox so I can experience vanilla without having to worry about mods breaking the pc version of the game that I own. anyway welcome aboard the starbound community always happy when new players arrive or old players return. starbound is one of those games that makes an impact on you and gives you the feeling that keeps bringing you back.

Jade Fenwe out

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"
    - JRR Tolkein: LOTR Fellowship of the Ring -

Armok likes this.
  7. DarkAvery

DarkAvery Void-Bound Voyager

Regardless of developer support, there's a colossal plethora of mods available on Nexus or the Steam Workshop that can really improve your experience both mid and endgame.

I know I'm several months late to this but I hope you're still enjoying the game :nurunaughty:

8. Genevra

Genevra Scruffy Nerf-Herder

just fyi for anyone seeing this, Starbound has little to no DRM protection so you can quite easily duplicate your game install folder most of the time and just launch the game from the 'win32' folder and it'll work fine