How about a Treasure Hunt?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KayVeeRiot, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

If I can suggest, while I like the idea of the treasure hunt, what you're putting in the chest is a lot of /very/ high-end merchandise, very unbalancing for a starting game. I suggest tailoring a modest little surprise package of a few favorite foods, a bottle of wine, perhaps a couple of bits of treasure. I wouldn't personally want 50 prismatic shards and multiple stardrops and the rarest of artifacts, those sorts of things are better when they're earned. Look around the person's farm a bit, see what they like and tailor a modest gift based on that. The point is the treasure hunt itself, a neat little game-within-a-game.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
    • KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

Thats what I usually do, The chest in the picture was a bit of a special situation haha, I do have starter chests specifically tailored for a new player

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
      • Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

Just do varying degrees of chests. Personally, after all the work I put in on my saves, a ridiculously loaded chest of items and treasure would be nice.

• KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

For example, this is most likely what the "Beginner Chest" will look like, of course it all depends on what i see in the persons save. =)

Attached Files:

• KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

Oh and I just thought of something, maybe let people choose their treasure? Not specifically but say categories like : Wealth, Farming, Mining, Animal, Artisan, Collection, and Mix. One top of Beginner, Intermediate, Master. I dunno been thinking about it for a bit now

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I really like the idea of a customized chest, based on where the person is with skills, collections etc and what they do on their farm. Let's you do a bit of researching before deciding what to give them. I'm kinda with Lilliput in that I probably wouldn't want a bunch of expensive goods but rather something I could put to use in my farming. Letting us choose a category is an awesome idea too.

• KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

Now if I could just get more people interested! Lol.

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm interested, just can't do it. Which sucks.

• KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

Awww =(

• KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

Heres what I was thinking for a beginners Spring chest! It gives you all the things you might need to make your first season profitable and save money that youll need in the coming seasons!

Attached Files:

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Well, what the heck, I'll give it a shot. But! As I really don't need anything to enhance my save, please make my chest a personal gift sort of thing, like a picnic basket surprise. No more than one inventory row worth of things in the chest, and nothing worth more than a couple of hundred gold. You could throw in a hat or something else fun, perhaps, or get creative with an item that might not be available outside of item spawning. As a brief bio to get help you pick some things out, here are a few clues of your own about my farmer.

http://community.playstarbound.com/...ll-taking-requests.110797/page-9#post-2933054
                        http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/your-farmers-backstory.114359/#post-2933599

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/scareyew-valley-a-halloween-mod.133456/#post-3168585

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/show-off-your-farm.108973/page-35#post-3152117

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/what-would-your-cut-scene-be.117887/#post-2952951

Unfortunately you won't be able to see the custom graphics/textures when you're in my save, so everything will look a trifle different than those screenshots, but, you'll be able to tell what's what. Drop me a note with your email and I'll send the save file!

EDIT: Oh! And please don't molest the nascent slime colony at the Railway station. I still have very few slimes of the right color and I don't want to lose any of them! :casper:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
                          KayVeeRiot likes this.
                        • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Ta-da!

Well, I'm rather good at treasure hunts and treasure hints, so it didn't take me long to figure out the clue provided, and here I am, with the offered treasure chest!

Treasure1.png

(Screengrab hidden as spoiler in case anyone doesn't want to see the hiding spot!)

And here's my custom gift chest!

Treasure2.png

Very clever! The tea set is one of my favorite gift items and I have not yet gotten one this save! And the crystals are something I'd never have thought of...

Treasure3.png

So I arranged them in my Farm Cave as a private crystal garden! Have to be careful, though, they're still just as fragile as when you find them in the ice-caves!

Thanks, @KayVeeRiot ! This was a fun little game!

KayVeeRiot likes this.
                          • KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

Im really glad you enjoyed it lol. I thought the crystals were neat as a decorative iten, I saw that your farm was very self sufficient so money wouldnt mean much but a few trinkets? Im glad you enjoyed the hunt =). Ill have it in a much harder place next time!

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Oh the crystals are neat! I didn't know you could do that with those. Looking forward to trying this out with my save once I'm back home. :3

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

You can, but, one swipe with a sword or tool and they'll shatter just like in the Mines, so, be careful! I think I may put them behind a protective fence or something!

(Though that may not work, I notice the game classifies the crystals as 'weeds' for object purposes, which would explain why you can shatter them as if scything weeds!)

• KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

If something does happen let me know. I should have given you more just in case, if you want extra just tell me =)

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

No worries. I may do it myself with an item spawner!

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Oh this looks very fun! I was just starting up a brand new save that was based on a character from my D&D games who is a retired adventurer. So the idea of a hidden treasure chest would be really nice and clever! And probably help her out a lot since it's also the save I am doing the wilderness map and also doing the "only can buy stuff from the cart or if its something I cannot find/grow on my own" run. :rofl:

Where doth one maileth you files, if you are still doing it. ;w;

• KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

just send your save to kayveeriot@mail.com with a description of what you would like in your chest! Of course ill add things on my own but its always nice to know what youd like firsthand =)

• KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

SENT!