How about a Treasure Hunt?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KayVeeRiot, Jun 5, 2017.

1. sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

This seems fun! I'm dropping by an e-mail to get a chest of my own!

• KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

Fantastic! Cant wait to set you up! Just give a little description of what youd like to have as treasure at kayveeriot@mail.com and ill hide it in your save!

• KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

Im sorry but Im unable to open your file, it needs to be able to open using 7zip. It wont let me open it

sunlite likes this.
        • KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

Just so everyone knows I need your character save in a zipped folder so that i may easily insert it into my own saves. ^_^

• KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

also if you arent sure how to access your save files, type %AppData% in windows and hit enter, find stardew valley, and copy the entire character file into a zip to email. I had a bit of trouble with this before =)

• sunlite

Oops, hold on a min

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Don't forget to take screen captures (You may want to try and avoid showing the hiding place in them, in case she decides to re-use any of them!) with your victorious loot!

KayVeeRiot likes this.
                • KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

sunlite my dear you are still sending it wrong. Your file should look something like this. I cant do anything with the one file peice you are sending. Heres a side by side. I need the entire file hun. wrong.png

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

[​IMG]
                    Awww yeah found my treasure chest! (I kept the location hidden as Lilliput mentioned cause it was a good spot to hide it in!)

This was a lot of fun, especially since as a fresh new save (was only one day 2 of Spring) I mentioned how I was playing on wilderness map as a former adventurer who retired and is now wanting to settle down to a simple life and how I was doing a "cannot buy it if its a thing I can find/make myself" run and how that was going to be brutal when it came to things like seeds since I wouldn't have a seed maker. So Stella is off to a good start! Which is also nice because there are now bats on my farm and I'd have hated having to deal with them with just the rusty sword. :rofl:

Thank you so much again for doing this, it really did add a cute element to the game. It certainly made the starting stage a lot more fun and enjoyable. Usually whenever I start a new play its like ugh....I gotta go through the spring/summer grind to get sprinklers and 80% of my life is watering plants. So I've been actually able to do a lot more running around and enjoying stuff this go about. :)

KayVeeRiot likes this.
                    • KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

I am so happy that you liked it! And yea haha that hiding spot made me giggle when i wrote the rhyme for it

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Eee, the Grandfather Clock. I gotta item spawn me one of those. Très élégant!

• KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

Yea lol i love that clock its so classy

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Thats what I'm excited to get, stuff I wouldn't be able to obtain without cheats. :3

KayVeeRiot likes this.
                            • Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

It was a lot of fun! I love the clock, it adds a really nice aesthetic to Stella's house. And the seedmakers are the best, since it means she can make more seeds with her crops versus constantly foraging desperately for wild seeds. That said, there was a surprise boon in all this in that the seed maker actually produced an ancient seed! So she's now growing a single ancient seed plant in spring year 1. It's very exciting times. :)

I am not sure if it got mentioned, but for those of us who don't have item spawn things, if you guys have trouble getting rid of your old tools (in the case of getting nice tool upgrades and you don't want duplicates), I found the best trick for me was to make a treasure chest in a spot where I know a villager is going to walk through it and put the tools in that. Otherwise they're kind of tricky to get rid of since you cant use the trash can on em. :rofl:

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                              • sunlite

whoops, I'm sorry about that...give me a few mins, I'm otw home

• KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

no problem =)

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Well I know where those slingshots are going from now on. >u>

sunlite likes this.
                                    • KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

Its sent! My clues are so easy but its still fun trying to rhyme haha

• sunlite

[​IMG]
                                        I guess Linus helped hide it too, lol.

Heres what I got in my chest:

[​IMG]

It was perfect! Arcade games to put in my sheds in case I get tired of brewing/preserving, lol. The treasure chests were a surprise since I've never had one in-game before. I'm keeping them to display. The money from the legends are going to go toward grass starters. Also, the meals were cute! I always love little cooking dishes. And I got crystals like @Lilliput did, which were adorable! It was a really nice gift.

Because of my new furniture and wallpaper catalogues, I was able to get to designing my house:

[​IMG]
                                        (credit to:
                                        Eemie's and Mi's furniture sets for the cute custom furniture items
                                        @LuthienNightwolf for the stone floor under the fireplace idea, I thought it was cute)
                                        I think I'm gonna replace the blueberry tart with the tea set later on, but otherwise that's pretty much my cozy little cabin.

I'm so happy with this chest, thanks @KayVeeRiot!

KayVeeRiot likes this.
                                        • KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

Im really glad you liked it!