1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How Big Are Your Farms?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by 3DDDEN7, Jul 29, 2016.

1. 3DDDEN7

3DDDEN7 Orbital Explorer

So I have a massive base and my farm is a massive sky scraper with tons of different crops. I've been working on it for 20 hours +, and I'm still not done. Anyone else in the universe doing something like this? 20160728203040_1.jpg 20160728203027_1.jpg

2. Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

Yes my farm is very similar. However my plots are bigger to accommodate the full range of the sprinkler you can get later, and my background walls are wood lattice.
    This is an old picture and my farm is about four times the size of this now but it gets the point across.

Attached Files:

3. 3DDDEN7

3DDDEN7 Orbital Explorer

Damn, I have the third best tier of equipment (with mods), yet I didn't even know you could craft those. Thanks for the enlightenment.

4. Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

You're welcome!! I wasn't quite that far in the game when I figured it out, but I did have plans to water several long plots with rainwater dispersed on a timer...:rofl: I had the rainwater collected in a small man made lake overhead but thankfully never got farther than that!

5. Momopovich

Momopovich Pangalactic Porcupine

I plan to build a BIG farm. 4 fully efficient sprinklers on each layer or something like that. I won't farm every crops, i need to figure what food i want to obtain before i decide which ones i pick.
    --- Post updated ---
    So I have done some progress :
    Capture d’écran (11).png
    (Fullscreen does'nt work for some reason). I have 4 layers with 4 fully efficient sprinklers on each. I also built a coralcreep farm below, just for pixels and because i like how it looks. I'm harvesting wheat, tomatoes, corn and sugar in order to make cheeseburgers. I also have some chili for more pixels.

For the burgers I also need cheese, that's why i have this attached to the main building :
    Capture d’écran (14).png
    There is a cell for every kind of fluffalo, for now i only placed moshis for the milk (I have about 50 of them). As you notice I have a bunch of fridges everywhere (i have an other cave filled with it under the farm) to stock the ingredients for the burgers, because you need a lot of different things. I can craft 8 burgers max with a full inventory of ingredients.

I plan to attach more things to this base, make this a giant factory/skyscraper/outpost/metalstation/city thingy with a residential district and all the possible stuff in there. So far I'm having a lot of fun.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    Rigz likes this.
  6. ZeeHero

ZeeHero Pangalactic Porcupine

I did that in beta before you had to water them, might do it again now that I have sprinklers. It's a shame the sprinklers don't really work in space, I wanted to build an asteroid field farm.