How can i spawn in capture pods pre-filled with a passive pet?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by mitzSBnovakid, Jul 8, 2017.

1. mitzSBnovakid

mitzSBnovakid Title Not Found

i want a kitty running around my home, ship, and my hotel/apartment complex.
    i know how to spawn monsters, but what i want in my capture pods is the monster "black cat" (i have a big fuzzy black cat at home)
    some help would be appreciated, because kitties!
    i'm also willing to install mods, but not ones that also include a fluffload extra.
    thanks!~

2. mitzSBnovakid

mitzSBnovakid Title Not Found

Found a solution - a mod called "any capture" fixes the issue of not being able to capture kitties, and allows me to capture the little floofles!
    i would only need a capture pod, a black kitty and i can capture said kitty!
    edit: where it's at on steam http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=870058658

3. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Hey there, sorry for the late reply/thread necro. I'd like to let you know that there's a capture-able black cat in (I assume) every Hylotl land city (NOT underground cities!) that should be chilling in a certain rooftop. That's how I got mine here without the use of mods.
    [​IMG]

Even so, this little thing is VERY roam-y, notice its tether upstairs but it runs around on both floors - it'll do the same if you choose to let it follow you, and the cat doesn't seem to attack anything at all. Either way, that wouldn't matter if you just want it in a ship or house, they are just really nice to look at.

Interestingly though, I have captured both the cat and a dog from a human settlement. The dog is uniquely named 'Rex' in game but the cat 'Pet' is described as 'some indescribable horror' like a random-gen monster. I mean, the description is not wrong but...