How did you find Stardew Valley?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mrshrooms, May 23, 2013.

1. Faughn

Faughn Title Not Found

I found out thanks to Chucklefish.

• wrugoin

wrugoin Big Damn Hero

I discovered the existence of SV through my interest in Starbound and browsing the forums. I then discovered it was on Steam's potential Greenlight projects, unrelated to my first encounter though the Starbound website.

• Malekous

Malekous Void-Bound Voyager

I found it looking for a harvest moon clone for the pc. I found a forum post about a game called 'lunar harvest' and eventually saw this after following starbound.

Just curious, is this is the lunar harvest game only much more developed and a new name?

Both look somewhat similar so I'm just wondering, this looks much better and more complete, but then again the other game was very very early stage.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

What's Lunar Harvest Moon?

• ConcernedApe

ConcernedApe Stardew Valley Dev Developer

Nope, Stardew isn't associated with that game.

• Malekous

Malekous Void-Bound Voyager

Well my journey to find it or something similar led me here and I'm glad it did, keep up the good work!

• 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I found it via Starbound. Chucklefish has all of its other titles listed on the right hand side. I'm looking forward to both SV and TAG. Woot!

• Sizzle

Sizzle Phantasmal Quasar

Chucklefish

• YoukaiZone

YoukaiZone Intergalactic Tourist

• Jamuvac

Jamuvac Yeah, You!

Yeah, I found the game when I was looking up games related to Harvest Moon. I can't wait!

• SaDb0y

SaDb0y Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was with my cousin in Skype, we were bored so he searched for a game like Harvest Moon and he found this game.(And we still bored until the game is out posted on 2013/12/31)

• Thorin

Thorin Pangalactic Porcupine

A nephew told me about starbound, where I found this subforum and here I'am.
                        An other game I want to throw some money's at.

• SkySplits

SkySplits Space Hobo

I was googling/looking for a Harvest Moon-like game or mmo and I found this lol. Can't wait to play this.. is this game B2P?

• Coulmbai

Coulmbai Industrial Terraformer

I believe so

• Siveria

Siveria Big Damn Hero

I found it via the starbound website, I pre-ordered starbound as well as risk of rain, and I plan to pre-order this as soon as its avail (include beta/alpha access pls!)

• Mogg

Mogg Pangalactic Porcupine

:rofl: I showed a friend of mine Starbound a good while back and he had a not-so-caring attitude. Now he's like a fanatic, bought himself and me into the kickstarter/preorder and has told me the moment beta/alpha or whatever gets out to be playable I HAVE to play with him, and he wont accept "no" from me, lol. I always find these hidden gems online and always end up with my friends beating me over the head with the game as soon as its out.
                                Keen on giving this a whirl more than starbound however, with my brother since I haven't played a decent game of anything with him in ages (electronically that is).
                                I for one don't want this to just be thrown out as alpha or beta - I want the finished product so I can be happy without having to reset a game or having to wait for something unfinished to be fixed.

• waywardprophet

waywardprophet Space Hobo

Steam for me too. Gotta love the green-light.

• Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

First day chucklefish announced they were publishing it I noticed it. So glad I did, because I've been looking for a good PC farming game akin to HM with multiplayer ever since I played the old harvest moons.

• Shinae

Shinae Contact!

I found it on google. Don't remember how exactly. I was probably searching indie games or something. That was before stardew valley came under chucklefish name.

Will buy this from steam when it's finished. I enjoyed few harvest moon games before and this seems to have that something those games lack.

• Magzilla07

Magzilla07 Void-Bound Voyager

My friend who is also a Harvest Moon Fanatic like me sent a link to the Greenlight page for Stardew Valley. That was in...January, I think? Maybe February. Ever since, I've been ridiculously excited for this game!