Modding Help How do I fix these windows? xD

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Minakie, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

So, I've been messing around with some of the files to try to make some custom graphics. It seems all the editing I did on the furniture and craftable objects are working as intended, except for the windows. The glow is pixelated, even though it's not pixelated on the .png file.

Any idea what could be causing it and how I can fix it?
    [​IMG]

What file do I need to mess around with to change the look of the bed and fireplace?

Also, is there a way to change the beginner houses of the new 1.1 farms? I'm afraid this house has too many pines for me. xD

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You need to get the latest version of xnb_node and unpack the original file again, old versions of xnb node had issues.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I'm using XNB Extract which comes with version 0.2.1 of XNB Node. I tried looking up to see if there was any more recent version, but couldn't find anything. Any idea where I can find the latest version?

• barfyscorpion

barfyscorpion Pangalactic Porcupine

That's some pretty furniture you got there. ;)

Mind sending me the files? I'll tinker with them when I have a moment and see if I can't get this working.

You're looking for Farmhouse_tiles.xnb, I have successfully replaced the kitchen/beds with this myself.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks. Most of it is just a copy-paste of a collection of furniture other people made, 'cause why chose when you can have them all? :p
            Ofc I did some customization of myself. The little vanity table in the corner is from the Get Dressed mod. I had fun recoloring that one.

Sure thing. I hope you have better luck than me. :)

I changed that file, but most of the stuff I changed are for the 1st house upgrade, so I didn't have the chance to test those yet. I might need to make a testing save and cheat to get that house upgrade and see how it's looking in game. I didn't change the single bed, but I did replace the fireplace with a recolored one and it didn't make a difference. Maybe that one needs to be changed on the farm_interior as well?
            [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Use the actual standalone xnb_node, not the UI version.

• barfyscorpion

Haha, I just said so because I saw much of my furniture being used. Glad you like them.

You may be right; change both and see if it makes a difference. I never bothered recoloring the fireplace so I have no idea.

EDIT I'm an idiot, I uploaded the wrong file. Give me a sec.

• barfyscorpion

[​IMG]

I repacked it and your issue seems to be fixed.

Attached Files:

Minakie likes this.
                  • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks a lot! :D
                    Mind telling me which program (and version) you used and how you did it, so I learn how to properly do it myself? I have a feeling this won't be the last time I mess around with furniture xD

EDIT: Ok... something is wrong, 'cause in my game it still looks like this:
                    [​IMG]
                    Not only the windows still look pixelated, but the furniture specific to the house upgrade is also not loading, it's still loading the default one instead. I'm so lost .-.

The new farmhouses have different interiors now though, so maybe each one of them has its own specific file that needs to be changed?

• barfyscorpion

Not that I've found, no. They all seem to use the same house maps; the newer furniture that comes with each style of house is all in the same file.

I'm not sure why it's working in my game and not in yours, can you give me a list of the mods you are using? I loaded the furniture.xnb file I made with a completely fresh install on my other PC where I don't play SDV, so I would not have experienced any mod conflicts if that is the case.

As for how I packed it, I just loaded up the .PNG in Photoshop to make sure everything was where it should be, the proper transparencies etc (which everything was fine, you did fine) and used XNB Mod Toolkit (latest version) to pack it up. You can find the latest XNB toolkit here: http://community.playstarbound.com/...g-discussion-redux.109131/page-6#post-2837587

Complete shot in the dark, but have you played with the Lighting Quality setting in the Stardew options menu?

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

The lighting issue was being caused by the Cursors file. I had merged the old Animal Crossing digging spot cursor that replaces the worms on the floor with another different cursor file and, for some reason, something went wrong. Had to use the good old 50/50 method to find out in which folder the culprit was and, once I figured it was in the LooseSprites, pinpointing the right file was easy, since the only other modded thing I have there are the 4 fences. I deleted the corrupt Cursors file, redid the whole thing, and now the lighting on the windows looks normal.

However, that still doesn't explain why my custom kitchen isn't being loaded. It's probably one of the files I spent the most time editing and tweaking to my liking and the game just acts as if it's not there and gives me the default kitchen instead. :/

• barfyscorpion

A-ha! I wouldn't have even thought that, but I too was having trouble thanks to the Cursors.xnb mod earlier this month when 1.1 was released because of, funny enough, the exact same mod (AC digspot). Still not sure why a file that extremely important would be labeled something as misleading as 'cursors' but it took me a while before I figured out why half the new sprites were blank. :DD

I like replacing my kitchen and bed, I haven't done so yet as of 1.1... If I do get around to playing with the kitchen I'll try and let you know if I managed to get it to work. I've been having a bit of confusion on how a few things work as of 1.1, for example where the file that gives the cellar stairs in the last house upgrade is (found the cellar map itself but not the stair addon or how it correlates to the house map...)

So it seems there's some experimentation in order. :p

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I think there are two files you need to replace in order to get the kitchen. I think the farmhouse_tiles in Content and the farmhouse_tiles in Maps. That's what I did and it worked for me.

Minakie likes this.
                            • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

It is the one in Maps that matters.

• eemie

I remember replacing only that one, but the kitchen didn't show up for me. I'm gonna test it out on a new computer anyway later so we'll see what works.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Could I get the vanity table please. Just the sprite version please. I want to recolor it just a bit.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

There ya go. :)

Attached Files:

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

You are a true life saver. :p

[​IMG]

Coolwyngs and eemie like this.
                                      • eemie

it's beautiful! will you share? Your kitchen is 100% my taste

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

There you go. :)

Attached Files:

eemie likes this.