Modding Help how do i leave all hairstyle unisex? or How do I enable male hairstyle for women?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by 00haruhiro, Jul 31, 2020.

1. 00haruhiro

00haruhiro Void-Bound Voyager

First sorry my English.

You just created a post called "Why can't all the hair and clothes in the game be unisex?"

But I decided to seek some kind of help

Does anyone know how to leave hair unisex? (By some kind of code, I mean). Or just activate all male hair for women?

Please, I really need this.

I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Dante98dzc likes this.
  2. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

This mod includes 10 male and 10 female hairs for the opposite sex. There are 64 in total for each. You can do the rest :p

Attached Files:

3. 00haruhiro

THANK YOU VERY MUCH :catsparkle:

do you know how i could do this with the other hairstyles ?, i don't have much experience with programming, but if there was some kind of pattern, i could do with others

4. DrPvtSkittles

<3

Other races or other human hair?

5. 00haruhiro

Other races or other human hair?[/QUOTE]

yup

6. DrPvtSkittles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=kAVn7JoYHp0&feature=emb_title

That video explains how to unpak the assets and I am going to explain as though that has been done :p

Regarding the human hair you can open up human.species.patch in any word editor (such as notepad), and then keep adding from fem10 all the way until fem64. Make sure each has a comma at the end. Do similar for male 10 to male 64, but make sure now that at the end of male 10, there is a comma and at the end of male 64 there is not one.

Code:
        {"op":"add", "path" : "/genders/0/hair/-", "value":"fem1"},
    The 0 means its for the male gender. 'hair' means the folder name that the hair is in and fem1 is the name of the hair in the folder. For humans this is Starbound\assets\unpacked\humanoid\human\hair

Now to do the apex I would copy human.species.patch and save it as apex.species.patch

Code:
        {"op":"add", "path" : "/genders/0/hair/-", "value":"fem1"},
    That would be changed from hair to hairmale and 'fem1' to '1' and so and so forth (to 20)

Code:
        {"op":"add", "path" : "/genders/1/hair/-", "value":"male1"},
    That would be changed to hairfemale 'male1' to '1' and so and so forth (to 20)

Novakid is similar to the humans (check out the unpacked files to see)

7. Dante98dzc

Dante98dzc Void-Bound Voyager

Hi 00haruhiro.. maybe you'd like test my first mod ;)..

Attached Files: