How do you build your farms?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by CatofRiddles, Jun 6, 2017.

?

How do you handle farming and crops?

1. A big giant warehouse. Go big or go home.

2. Lore friendly. Just because i need materials is no excuse to let my art suffer.

3. Minimal. I raise what i need, when i need it.

4. I don't. Killing monsters, exploration and NPCs get me what i need.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CatofRiddles

CatofRiddles Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've been building a base to put all my stuff, house tenants, and farm crops and raise animals. I keep getting stuck whenever i try to build farms and raise crops. I want to raise crops and farm animals so i have the materials i need, but i don't want to go overboard, so i'm looking for options. How most of you house your crops/animals?

How many plants do you use for each crop? how many of each animal do you keep? Do you make a small lore friendly farm, a big enclosed warehouse, or something else?

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  2. Shaggyd0g

Shaggyd0g Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Depends, I usually build a barn with little stalls for each type of animal (each type of Fluffallo gets their own pen).
    As for farms I made a vertical farm inside futuristic style greenhouses, Sprinkler in the middle of each layer. then half the field with each crop (works out to 6x double tile crops or 12x single tile crops)

Vertical farms CAN however cause framerate issues so sometimes it's better to run them horizontal, but that takes up A LOT of space...
    Everything on a vine I plant near each other and everything you have to replant I do in a separate farm.

If I want to make like a little farm for the colony I just make a little garden a few crops wide and plant a small variety and once they mature I don't bother to harvest them so I don't have to keep watering them :p

3. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

i'm no help because i use fracken universe's powered growing trays to grow any plant i need.