How does the "/cinema" command work?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Littleman9Mew2, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Littleman9Mew2

Littleman9Mew2 Zero Gravity Genie

Simple question, but impossible to figure out, I looked everywhere and all the places that this command shows is so broad it's ridiculous.

/cinema cinematicPath

That's it, no example. No idea where it the path starts and I been tackling this for 10 minutes and still nothing.

I want to play the "splash.cinematic" file, the one used for the Chucklefish intro. I was planning into modifying it and I want to know how to trigger it in-game so I can also figure out how to use the command with future cinematics.

I tried
    /cinema splash
    /cinema splash.cinematic
    /cinema cinematics\splash
    /cinema cinematics\splash.cinematic
    /cinema Starbound\cinematics\splash
    /cinema Starbound\cinematics\splash.cinematic

All it says is "Exception caught handling client command." Really?

How does the command structure ACTUALLY work?

2. Mjollna

Mjollna Phantasmal Quasar

Hello !

I've found it after some digging in the assets (there's an example in client.config around line 60 for ex) :
    /cinema "/cinematics/loading.cinematic"
    /cinema "/cinematics/teleport/teleport_human.cinematic"

After that I've been sort of stuck in the cinematic and had to close the game window, but it works :) If anyone knows how to escape the sequence, I'd love to know.

3. Littleman9Mew2

Littleman9Mew2 Zero Gravity Genie

Thank you! I'm been trying to figure this out! It seems that certain cinematics like "teleport_human" and "loading" can't be skipped and it seems that might be the reason why you can't get out of the cutscene.

EDIT:
    Uh oh, I realized I should've never had done the "/cinematics/splash.cinematic" it did the famous chucklefish intro, the n it opened the loading screen? Now I'm softlocked....great

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016