1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback How Hard was Movement Nerfed?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Soul64x, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Soul64x

Soul64x Phantasmal Quasar

I've noticed that I can't jump as high as I used to be able to. This wouldn't be that big a deal if I hadn't noticed that the sewer dungeon has parts of it that you can't jump up to anymore.

And platforming is a total pain in the ass because I need to be more careful about how much I step thanks to these framerate issues. If I fall off of the one or two blocks that I placed while trying to climb this hill (so many hills that I have to climb like this), I'm going to have a bad time getting back up with this nerfed jump.

AfterBurner0 likes this.
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

From what I've seen, movement only opens up once you get access to all the techs. The double-jump sounds like something you could use.

3. Soul64x

Soul64x Phantasmal Quasar

Aye, but I wasn't talking about assistance from techs. Jumps used to scale over 1 or 2 more blocks than they do now. Now they don't, and the sewer dungeon doesn't accommodate for that change. It wouldn't be as big of a problem if the sewer dungeon only spawned later on in the game, but it was there on the second planet I visited in my first solar system. I nearly died a few times trying to deal with mobs and place blocks that I'd use as steps.