Modding Help How to make protected dungeons

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Haaxor, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Haaxor

Haaxor Big Damn Hero

Hi,
    can someone help me with creating protected dungeons? Like is the hylotl underwater city and were almost all dungeons in older patches. I've tried to use Shield Generator but for some unknown reason, even if I wired it to NOT gate or switch that is defaulted to powered (which is how it works in hylotl city as far as I saw), it didn't protect anything. The block protection only came on after I turned it off and back on. I have no idea how else can I make those dungeon protected. Also flag "protected" in my .dungeon file is set to true but it doesn't do anything at all.

2. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

It's strange that "protected" : true isn't working for ya. I use that line in villages that I've created and it works. Perhaps it's an error with the first "metadata" portion in your .dungeon file? I.E.:

Code:
    {
      "metadata" : {
        "name" : "vieravillage",
        "species" : "viera",
        "rules" : [],
        "anchor" : [ "vierahome1" ],
        "gravity" : 80,
        "maxRadius" : 1000000,
        "maxParts" : 20,
        "extendSurfaceFreeSpace" : 100,
        "protected" : true
      }
    Feel free to post that portion of your .dungeon file, perhaps the problem lies there.

3. Haaxor

Haaxor Big Damn Hero

Here is my whole dungeon file:
    Code:
    {
      "metadata" : {
        "name" : "ancientTemples",
        "species" : "generic",
        "rules" : [],
        "anchor" : [ "ancientTemple01" ],
        "gravity" : 80,
        "maxRadius" : 1000000,
        "maxParts" : 20,
        "extendSurfaceFreeSpace" : 100,
        "protected" : true
      },

"parts" : [
        {
          "name" : "ancientTemple01",
          "rules" : [ ],
          "def" : [ "tmx", [ "ancientTemple01.json" ] ]
        }
      ]
    }

The protected is set to true as you can see but it isn't protecting anything. No idea where the error could be.
    And to be sure if we are talking about the same thing. Your village dungeon, from which metadata you've posted here, is a dungeon generated randomly on planets you can find anywhere in the world. And this custom dungeon you've made is protected by that blue force field when player finds it. Right?

4. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Well you can find it on the planets I set it to be found on, but yeah. It's protected from being destroyed/broken down, so no materials or objects can be taken via matter manipulator. When the player tries to do so, a blue grid appears over the tiles and objects preventing the player from taking them.