1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

how to mark the middle of a planet

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Dankino, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Dankino

Dankino Aquatic Astronaut

Had this random thought, is there a proper way to find an exact middle spot of a planet and mark it down?

In a sense of from the spot you spawn. Now I do know that these spots can be changed if you ruin or heavily edit the place you spawned the game gives you a new clean spot. So with that said I am talking about clean spawn.

I remember there was a bar of sorts that shown the entire length of a planet and your icon on it but it's from a mod and no clue which one. Wonder if there are simpler or better alternatives for this in base game.

2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Nearly two months late. Sorry.

Not sure what you mean by middle. The planets loops around so once the X axis reaches a certain point it wraps. I believe there is a mod that shows the coordinates. I thought it was Betabound but I just skimmed over some patch notes and couldn't find it. If you have a discord account you could try joining the Chucklefish discord and asking.

3. Dankino

No worries :D Yeah might be hard to explain-understand but hope this simple visual graph helps to showcase what I meant.
    [​IMG]

The idea is for me to be able to mark the exact middle point of the planet so I can build there. Hope this makes sense.

4. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Any particular reason why? It loops so you could technically say anywhere is the middle.

5. Dankino

I want to build a city at the middle that is all.

Pangaea likes this.
  6. さわまやゑぺ

さわまやゑぺ Astral Cartographer

/admin → /debug → player coords → go around planet to check its size → (player coords + size/2) is the middle u want.
    but u usually wont spawn at x=0, why account for ur spawn and not just middle of the planet (size/2)?