1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed How to play the story!

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by gg30433043, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gg30433043

gg30433043 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was trying to fix the story mode and allow for nightly player to play the game normally, and a modder by the name v6000 was kind enough to provide me with a mod that allows for Nightly Build Players to finally access the story! :party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

1. Download the mod
    2. Extract
    3. Place the folder In Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound - Unstable/mods
    4. Boot up game, make new character and have fun :3

P.S, Most Steam directory's are located at Program Files (x86)
    P.S.S If you have already started the story, Type /admin than /warp instanceworld: protectorate < - remove space between : and pro.

Cat2002's Mod: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/cheerful-giraffe-unstable-fixer.3491/
    V6000's Mod: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/nightly-story.3660/
    (They are basically the same :p)

Last edited: May 18, 2016
    floranhungry, mixonoid and Critaa like this.
  2. GordonFHL3

GordonFHL3 Void-Bound Voyager

When does the "Protectorate" quest starts?

3. gg30433043

start of game normally. Why do you ask?

4. GordonFHL3

I'm not getting the quest, I already fixed the ship thrusters but no quest yet

5. GordonFHL3

Oh, now it works, somehow, my nightly wasn't updated

6. Godsire88

Godsire88 Big Damn Hero

How do the devs expect us to test out nightly when the MM wont let us upgrade it and if the gates to the outpost wont work.... I'm not complaining per-say, and I understand they dont want to spoil anything super new. But it'd be nice to test and see how the new mechanics and dungeons work and how they are.

7. gg30433043

Well it is a Nightly build for say, This is only for starbound - unstable NIGHTLY, there is still starbound - unstable.

And btw, You can upgrade your MM, there is an icon on the right above the inspect tool that says MM upgrade. But I do agree with you, It wouldn't be that Hard to just add in these things I have in the mod. I mean, all it is changing it so you have the quest at the begging (not very hard to implement) and selecting the world you start on when you first spawn ever.

8. gg30433043

I mean it took probably around 5 minutes to do :notworthy:

9. gg30433043

Yeah, I mean it only takes 1 line of code to change where you start. Infact, I was trying to improve yours so you could change where you started :DD
    Code:
    [
    { "op": "replace", "path": "/introInstance", "value": "protectorate" }
    ]
    ^
    l
    Is a patch for the Universe Server Config File

10. gg30433043

To my knowledge, you only need to have this and adding the initial quest protectorate, for starbound to work and function as normal :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.