Modding Help How to spawn in my custom shirt? (first time modder)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ang3lba3, Dec 22, 2019.

1. ang3lba3

ang3lba3 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! I apologize for what I'm sure is a very simple question, but I'm having trouble finding an answer and keywords aren't turning much up either.

I have SMAPI, JsonAssets, and ContentPatcher. I coded a custom shirt I drew (using the shirt.json template from JsonAssets, and the manifest.json template from ContentPatcher so SMAPI could parse it) and it works on load up - no errors or anything. However, I have no idea how to find or spawn my shirt in game and try it on!

I'm attaching the code I used for the manifest and the shirt, although I'm not sure that it's an error in those that's stopping me so much as some other type of modding tool/mechanic I don't know of yet. Thank you for anyone who answers in advance! If it would be better to zip my entire mod and upload it here instead of what I did, let me know, as I'm unsure.

Attached Files:

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Since you're using JA, you could try having the Tailor Mouse sell it.

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Yep, feel free to reach out to us and we can add your pack to Tailor Mouse!

• ang3lba3

ang3lba3 Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, thank you mivervamaga! Um. Honestly I was hoping to be able to test it in game to make sure it looks how I want it to, and some other items, and then release them all together. Is the only way to test custom clothing in game to get it added to Tailor Mouse?

It's fantastic that you're willing to do that and I'm very grateful! But if it is the only way to test it, then I'll probably try and make the whole pack of stuff I want to (rather than just one shirt) before I reach out to you - try to save everyone some time and energy.

Thanks a lot to you both for answering!

Edit: how would you like me to contact you when it's all ready?

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You could probably jsut get a custom test build of Tailor Mouse with it?

Or use the Item Spawner mod to spawn it in.