Modding Help How to start making mods for SV

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Milkypink, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Milkypink

Milkypink Space Hobo

I just started playing stardew valley and am really loving it! however, i was really looking forward to finding some mods to download to it. specifically, i REALLY wanted to find a mod that added guinea pigs in some way shape or form. I know Abigail has one, but it's in a glass cage with a wheel like a hamster ;~;

i've seen several people discussing implementing a mod with g pigs, but none that have actually come out. i started looking at how i could make my own mod, but got very overwhelmed very quickly. i know i could do the pixel art, but can anyone help explain to me how i might just replace assets for the rabbit sprites, for example?

• The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

First step.
      Make sure you are posting in Stardew Valley Forums.

Unfortunately I don't know the rest of the steps - so I am moving the thread to the Stardew Valley Forums.

• Milkypink

Milkypink Space Hobo

oops lol i'm so sorry. literally never done forums before. thank you!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• Milkypink

Milkypink Space Hobo

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I was actually working on a video tutorial for .xnb and Advanced Location Loader mod creation along with preparation, shortcut keys and photoshop basics for xnb replacements however I used Fraps and all the text came out unreadable so I canned it. Well, after redoing it with CamStudio with the same results.. I may do it again if I come up with the right tools. I've uploaded some documentation and things to the Modder's Resource that may be helpful. I'll continue to update this with new findings.