Huge Harvest Moon fan here, just discovered this game!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by k12314, Oct 22, 2013.

1. k12314

k12314 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have to say, I'm REALLY excited for this game to be released. I've been a huge HM fan since I was little and played Friends of Mineral Town, and seeing this made me excited. When I learned it was going to have co-op? I almost jumped for joy. I've always wanted to play Harvest Moon with my friends, and now I pretty much can.

Good luck to the devs, and hello to everyone here on the forums. First post and all.

• claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

We're all excited for it. It appears like it's going to be a great game and CA keeps coming back with more updates.

I was taken aback by "when I was little I played Friends of Mineral Town", since I played the first one on the super nintendo. But everyone has to start somewhere ;)

• k12314

Well, I'm only seventeen, so I wasn't around for that. I did play the SNES version, however. And I loved it! But FoMT was my first Harvest Moon game, so that's the one that really stuck with me.

• Kab00mBaby

Kab00mBaby Pangalactic Porcupine

good old SNES times :)

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Well, welcome to the forums then!

BurningMercury likes this.
            • Lumina

Lumina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

SNES Harvest Moon is Classic/Nostalgic, it isn't that great of a game over all but you have to start some where. It is like the original Zelda compared to say Link to the Past. Friends of Mineral Town, and Back to Nature are like The Link to the Past when compared to the original SNES Harvest Moon. Harvest Moon 64 is kind of it's own thing, in between both of them, but good in it's own rights. After that they don't really improve the games just change them. Now days HM games are not even HM games anymore.

Stardew has me semi excited. My biggest worries are stepping away from the focus of farming, which I see from the dungeons/fighting monsters, something that made Runefactory for me annoying as I found myself spending more time in dungeons than caring for the farm and my newest worry is excessiveness with new content, adding more, pushing back production and release of the product itself.

New content can always be added in the future with improved versions of the game, which can later be packaged and sold as well independently.

Took years for Harvest Moon to go from it's SNES child to the zenith of the franchise Back to Nature/Friends of Mineral Town. They didn't get it perfect with their first try lets say, took time.

• k12314

I see them balancing between dungeons and farming, so you can do both, or make a living off a single one. I might not be 100% correct, but that seems to be a viable option. It reminds me of the mine in Harvest Moon DS with the cursed animals. Not much focus on the combat, just something to do.

• spidey169

spidey169 Master Chief

I was incredibly excited when I found this as well. I had been looking for a co-op harvest moon-esque game for quite some time now, and while Farm Hands was cool, it was nowhere near what I really wanted to play in a multiplayer farming simulator. Now I don't have to wish for a fun multiplayer farming simulator to come out!