Husks - A safe vault for things of those who die.

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by EpicEarthy, Jun 10, 2018.

1. EpicEarthy

EpicEarthy Master Chief

You know how you die is Survival, all of your stuff is scattered, leaving the possibility of some of your things being lost or despawned? Why not add a safe place for all of your things for when you die? I think the best way to design this is to base the design off of the fact that the player's body is "remade" or "brought back to life", thus giving me the Husk idea.

How should a player access a husk? By breaking it with their matter manipulator! How long should deconstruction take?
    It should take about 5 seconds to break a husk with a starter Matter Manipulator.

This Husk idea should be only for survival difficulty characters only, since Casuals don't drop items on death, and Hardcore characters are deleted upon death.

I think this would be a good addition to the game because it is frustrating for players to attempt to retrieve their stuff, but fail by dying, ultimately leaving the game, to come back later to find all of their dropped items gone, thus causing a player to maybe stop playing the game.

If any of the developers see this, and if any of y'all developers like, please either reply or send me a message. As for anyone else... replying is happy granted, just don't message me though.