Hypothetical: If tiered Stardew preorders were tomorrow what would you want? What would you pay for?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hollow, May 17, 2013.

1. Hollow

Hollow Phantasmal Quasar

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
      DatYandereGirl likes this.
    • smerff

smerff Void-Bound Voyager

Yes to the 4pack, 1000x yes

• Bacon

Bacon Tiy's Beard

The 4x pack is a nice idea for Pre-Order. And I would pay the same price as Starbound, from 10-15$. :alien:

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

So, would the furniture tier allow you to get the hat and furniture?

• Wasselin

Wasselin Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't think this will be happening for Stardew Valley. Starbound has a much bigger team so they are able to add these types of things without impacting the release date.

BurningMercury likes this.
            • Battlemage

Battlemage Void-Bound Voyager

I think the hat Mr. Lewis has will be available for the character, so no need to secure that. My name in the Credits might be cool. 4-pack is also very nice.

• Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

I am somewhat worried about that badge-giving practice. Currently, with Starbound alone plenty of forum members got helluva of badges. Now, if it would be taken as a practice for every Chucklefish-distributed game, we'd reach - very soon - a point where every thread would be full of a spam of colorful badge rubbish as I am sure we'd find plenty of rich enthusiasts who'd start collecting them. Arguably though, such compulsions could be used to help ensuring more people would buy higher tiers. Maybe ability to just hide/choose limited few out of badges available would help it, too.

Still, I'd rather have ability to affect the game - aforementioned hats, hairstyles etc. Surely I wouldn't mind possibility of thinking of additional dialogues and smaller events with characters (also subjected to developer's review, adjustment or disagremeent till some compromise can be made) along the complexity of:

Random girl NPC having and losing a kitten which finds it's way to player's farm. NPC wakes player's character up to ask for help in finding the thing (which request can be declined for considerable 'disposition score' lowering with that particular NPC).

Short search consisting of walking around the place and pressing action key while facing all kinds of possible hiding spots around allows the animal to be found and provides minor boost to owner's disposition toward player, which can further be affected (also negatively) through dialogue (while possibly granting other rewards like finders fee) as well as take even more time out of the day (again, so it won't be horribly HMesque 'you have good-guy dialogue that's always good and it's opposite which barely does anything but robs you of rewards anyway') if the player won't hint (or blatantly and angrily say) that he has to work, cutting the talk short (which attitude also will affect how strongly disposition is changed and how future attitude of the NPC is affected).

While kind of extensively-written, it would be rather simple in-game. Though I understand it wouldn't be very low tier as it still would require plenty of work.

In relation to OPs post, I'd rather put 'credits inclusion' few tiers higher, so it's those really dedicated (or rich) that would be mentioned by the game forever while offering some minor additions for lower tiers - alternative default outfit, a few lil decorational items that can be put around the house including a plushie of happy, totally unconcerned ape, a set of recipes for some tasty treats that can be acquired rather late, normally, in the game etc.

I'd support wholeheartedly multi-packs. Probably many would also buy some sort of couple pack - two copies of the game, minimally (5%?) cheaper for the player and their partner, as I saw many declaring they want to play this game with their partners IRL.

• Elvis

Elvis Astral Cartographer

Early beta tier pure and simple. :love:

BurningMercury likes this.
                  • DatYandereGirl

DatYandereGirl Big Damn Hero

This.

• dawgeth

dawgeth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If they mirrored the Starbound ones, Id go diamond tier.

• MatadorPants

MatadorPants Master Chief

The 4 pack would be really nice, especially with the 4 player co-op.

• Cassie

Cassie Phantasmal Quasar

Possibly the 4-pack one since it does go nicely with the co-op feature.
                          If I had a job, I'd go for probably the credits one.

• Lusid

Lusid Pangalactic Porcupine

Considering i'm already waiting for one game with no definite release date with endless anticipation, i don't think i need another one. So if there were pre-orders that gave beta access, i would happily go for it. If not, i'd elect against it.

• Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Yea, it's bad enough waiting for one game at a time.
                              My life is too uncertain to preorder.

• JayPlaysIndieGames

JayPlaysIndieGames Intergalactic Tourist

I would certainly preorder this game.
                                Hmm if the game was going to have a paid/closed beta I would pay for that tier if it wasn't to expensive otherwise I would pay $20 just to help with development (I'm a huge fan of the older harvest moon games) and anything that came with it would be a nice get.
                                Don't care so much for forum badges, I might get a 4x pack just to have a giveaway on my youtube channel when the game comes out.

• Stylµs

Stylµs Phantasmal Quasar

A bigger variety of weapons and armour. The friend I intend to play this with isn't really the type to farm.. He's more than likely going to the mines. The more weapons and armour or loot of any kind, the better.

• Elvis

Elvis Astral Cartographer

Then you should suggest StarBound to your friend....if you haven't done so already.

Stylµs likes this.
                                    • Stylµs

Stylµs Phantasmal Quasar

We've been following it for close to two years now! Excited for both games. :)

• Lumina

Lumina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Rule#1 on Steam

DO NOT PRE ORDER GAMES.

There is absolutely no point in pre-ordering a game in Steam outside pathetic benefits. Example being why, 20 minutes long worth every single second.

• Lumina

Lumina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sadly that video I linked mentioned much of that, though not about indie devs directly, but developers in general. Pre-orders can be very good for the developers, help pay for development, but in the end, you're still buying a product which you're not holding, is not reviewed, have no idea how well it's actually going to be in the end. Which at the same time is insanely bad for the consumer.

Regardless whether it is an indie game or not, it just is not wise. Issue I would have with an indie game, preordering revenue may not go into developing the game, being not all indie game developers work on games full time, and have responsibility outside their pet project games, just because you provide one with more funds does not mean it will speed up development.

No insult intended toward Stardew Valley's development. Being I'm highly looking forward to it.