Hypothetical: If tiered Stardew preorders were tomorrow what would you want? What would you pay for?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hollow, May 17, 2013.

1. Mopy

Mopy Cosmic Narwhal

Having my name in the credits isn't that big of a deal to me, but I do like the idea of designing a small item to be put into the game. I am really looking forward to Stardew though, and I got some money on the back burner ready to donate if there is a kick starter / preorder!

• Elvis

Elvis Astral Cartographer

.......yarp

• Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Honestly, I very much agree to Total Biscuit's video, but I'm in a situation similar to Hollow's.
        I've been following development for a while, and I'm sure I want the game, and to support the developer.
        A good price for this game in my opinion would be around 10 dollars. 15 would be a stretch, but still acceptable.

• Anonymous

Anonymous Forum Bot

I am actually trying to find any place I can to buy/pre-order this game. Preferably as a 4-pack. If it comes with bonuses great.

And it really only comes down to the same kind of people who'll take their money and use it in the stockmarket or not. I pre-ordered probably 3 copies of Spore and it turned out fairly bad. Replayable in its current state but terrible compared to what was expected. However I don't regret it. Had it lived up to it's name I'd have enjoyed a pre-ordered copy. If a person can't live with their "mistakes" when taking a risk, then that's just who they are.

• Mogg

Mogg Pangalactic Porcupine

None. I don't do prepaid unless it comes out the 2-3 days before actual release, full game. No betas. No Alphas. I'll pay for a finished work. If they're an indie dev doing it for fun, good on them. If they are doing it for money, get a loan - they are aiming for a business, and all businesses begin with a sum of money, usually from a bank if not fully self funded. This is the way I see it. Less issues having to deal with disappointed people who "invested", and only they suffer if they fail to provide. If people want to send them money, good for them -if they are that rich, why not donate to people who require financial help to live a healthy/educated life instead and wait for the game to be done. Honestly they aren't missing out on anything by paying for it on release date. What I don't take kindly to is asking/begging for money OR advertising falsely or providing ambiguous information in hopes to scandal people out their money.
            Oh yeah, on the note of "if we raise $X we'll add..." is absolutely pointless. Either it's in for release, in as an update, in as an expansion/dlc later, or never added at all.
            So, for me I would not pay for it unless it is finished.