1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue I can’t join my friend’s multiplayer server

Discussion in 'Support' started by ctrlaltmayo, Dec 5, 2019.

1. ctrlaltmayo

ctrlaltmayo Space Hobo

My friends are all able to join the multiplayer server but I can’t, even if our versions are all the same i still can’t get in and it keeps saying version mismatch. Please help :(

• thmtrxhsu

thmtrxhsu Void-Bound Voyager

It's not rocket science. Each build (Windows, Linux, Mac) version of Stardew is slightly different. It is best for all players to play on the same platform with the same installer (don't mix GOG and Steam) and basically share the installer file between all friends and turn off firewall or any security product. So something about your copy or computer settings (firewall related) is wrong necessarily.

• Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

The version number of the build will still be the same as well as the checks for the version number itself. Just because it is compiled for another platform doesn't mean that the version number itself is also different. The instructions for the OS are different but thats about it. Also completly turning off the firewall and/or any other security product is definitly not recommended. If Stardew Valley is blocked by the firewall it would simply prevent the connection and producing another error message. A version mismatch may indicate that the used version (latest is 1.4.2) is not updated or that the friends version is not up to date. Also sharing the installer with friends can be considered piracy so recommending this is generally not a good idea either.

Also please mind your tone when posting here.