1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed I can make a character, and then.....

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by CrazzyJ0123, Mar 5, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazzyJ0123

CrazzyJ0123 Orbital Explorer

Howdy,

So I just hopped back on to nightly and created a new toon to test the new quest setup, I made my novakid, standard acid green with a white shirt and vest, blue jeans and the like, spiked his hair up and made him look ready to go (i love the character creator by the way) and to my lovely surprise, after he was done and i clicked on him to hop in... my game crashed. i created a new character, tried different races, different settings, all the same result.... can i just not do nightly anymore, like is that it? Because i think it really sucks!

-J

2. jakecool19

jakecool19 Pangalactic Porcupine

Try deleting ALL player and universe files. It worked for me and I hope it works for you.

3. CrazzyJ0123

how does one do such a thing with the steam version?

4. Sean Mirrsen

Sean Mirrsen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fastest way, from your Steam Library, right-click the "Starbound - Unstable [nightly]" game in the list, select Properties, go to the Local Files tab in the window that opens, and click Browse Local Files. The folder where the game is installed should open. Open the giraffe_storage folder and the "universe" and "player" directories are what you need to delete to completely reset the generated content, the game will make them anew when you start it next.

5. CrazzyJ0123

thanks for the help, it worked and i was able to play a bit, cant wait till this nightly build is ready for to be stable ..... wait what?! :rofl:

again thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.