I cant give gifts to the NPC but it's already one week

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blackeagle123, May 29, 2018.

1. blackeagle123

blackeagle123 Space Hobo

So I play stardew valley and have 8 hearts with shane, sam, and alex and they're already my bf too and I give them 2 gifts/week as always, but when I wait 1 week to give them gifts again I cant :( It keeps saying "You already give Alex/Shane/Sam 2 gift this week. Thats enough!" and the same things happens to Sebastian and Abigail :( I already wait 1 week but still can give them :( What should I do? is this some kind of bug or something?
    P.S. and sorry for my bad grammar lmao

• parabolic paradise

parabolic paradise Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's a beta issue.

• blackeagle123

blackeagle123 Space Hobo

what should I do then? waiting for the next updates?

• parabolic paradise

I think there's a Save File editing trick you can do; I've also heard that giving people a gift on their birthday can help fix it.

• Clovis_Sangrail

Clovis_Sangrail Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is not just a beta issue. I don't know how or why, but it has started happening in my single player version, too. I get up in the morning, go see someone and try to give her a present, and it says I have already given her present that day. Impossible -- I just got up and this is the first time I have seen the person that day.

This was my fear -- that slamming in multiplayer to appease the whiners would screw up a perfectly good, working single player.

And it looks like it has. I have not at any point opted to participate in the beta, but it looks like some of that crappy code has made its way into my game somehow.

And no, I am not going to fart around with the save game or search people out on their birthday. That is not my job. This is a known issue and I expect it to be fixed.

• parabolic paradise

Now that is a completely separate issue that has existed prior to the beta. They'll take your item and still get affection for it, and if you talk to them afterwards they'll thank you. The beta code has not magically made it into your game, I assure you. :p

Last edited: May 29, 2018
                squigglyruth likes this.
              • ladymurasaki

ladymurasaki Star Wrangler

Oh. Like when you try to give an item that's in a stack? The only glitch is the game thinks you're giving the whole stack - more than one item. Except to Linus - he's the only one who'll take one off the stack and thank you immediately.

What does your "gift giving checkbox" say?

• Clovis_Sangrail

Clovis_Sangrail Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have had a couple of Steam updates since the beta started, and I have no idea what kind of code is being pushed out in those, or even which games were updated. How can I tell what kind of crap is coming in?

All I can tell is that I never had this problem, then the beta was released, then some steam updates came in, then I started having this gift problem.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
                  • parabolic paradise

If you click the notification that tells you an item as been downloaded it should tell you which games were being updated. That's how you can tell what is coming in. If the beta (in whole or in part) was being pushed onto people prematurely you'd have way more people mentioning it - you're definitely not the only person staying out of the beta. That you've only run across a preexisting bug only after the beta has started is coincidence.

• Andunelen

Andunelen Space Penguin Leader

In my case, the week resets on Mondays now instead of Sundays.

• Tatsuya

Tatsuya Void-Bound Voyager

same issue here

• blackeagle123

blackeagle123 Space Hobo

I'm wait until morning and its still the same :(

• blackeagle123

blackeagle123 Space Hobo

I'm wait until sunday and there's still 2 "X" in my gift giving checkbox with shane, sam, abigail, alex, and seb

• Scubysnax

Scubysnax Seal Broken

Had same issue, single player, beta update. Had to edit save, there's a great guide on these forums.