1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback I enjoy everything in 1.3 but the new navigation menu.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by GoldRidley, Jun 10, 2017.

1. GoldRidley

GoldRidley Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The mech system is a great introduction to a robust new type of content, and I'm looking forward to seeing where the devs take it, and also what talented modders can do with the system.

EDIT: it works pretty well now, I have no more complaints!

Navigation, tho'. Let me first state that I like the increased interactivity of the new navigation console. But the current implementation is uncomfortable.

I could deal with the chore of investigating every body in a solar system to see what sort of resources and gimmicks are on each one if it was pleasant and easy to fluidly zoom and pan around to select things. Resizing the navigation window would also be extremely helpful, even if for engine limitations it would have to be a numerical setting in the game options menu.

Like many players I use Frackin Universe for all the variety therein, and the new navigation window's lack of a functional zoom and pan feature is doubly problematic there, with all the extra detail it adds to solar systems.

So, when can we expect better controls and features for this new system? Exploring isn't nearly as fun when I spend so much time fighting with the navigation console.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    soldierfast90 and STCW262 like this.
  2. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I think Frackin Universe's main dev mentioned at one point that they will be looking into modding the navigation console to have a proper scrolling bar. So some of the features you want might be implemented along with that.