I feel like a bad friend.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senpai Deviljo, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

The reason why i say that is because when i feel really crappy/depress and such. I just delete everyone on all my friend list from console game to social media. I know it's a very bad thing to do and i shouldn't have that habit. But one of the thing that does help with my bad mood is not getting a reply after a long long long time or when i have to start a conversation. I would love to have a friend who can say hi to me time to time and ask how i feeling but that's only a wish that happens in my dreams.

Just want to know on is what i do is a very bad thing because i think it is because if they do remember me they ask why i deleted them. then i have to reply that i deleted everyone. They don't even ask why i do that.

2. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

Do you really know the people, or no?

3. Senpai Deviljo

most of them we been friends for more then 2 years. i ask what wrong with them if they're not in a good mood and see if i can help. we know each other birthdays some of them i have their phone numbers. i can't really say i know them in real life but we learn on what each other like and dislikes.

4. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

It's okay. Some people deal with sadness like this. It does seem to be a bad thing to do, but what would be worse would be to leave you to suffer. Your own feelings are just as important as your friends'. If your friends want to know why you did it, i would recommend telling them what you told us. Just don't suffer in silence. No-one deserves that. <3

Pangaea and I_am_the_Storm like this.
  5. I_am_the_Storm

I_am_the_Storm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I second what said Bonabopn, and even I'll add something.

Do you know, Senpai Deviljo, what is worse than death?
    ...wait for it...
    Believe it or not, it's loneliness.
    Some people may say : "I don't need friends." But they are lying. Everyone need some kind of friendship, even if it is via text messages on console or website.
    From your posts I concluded, that you are a 'lone wolf', yet you wish for friends, with whom you can talk about everything and nothing at the same time. I am a lone wolf personally, to be honest. BUT...
    You will just destroy yourself, if you keep deleting your current friends on social medias, game platforms or rejecting to talk to people in real life. Not only you will feel alone, 'spurned', and your sadness/depression will amplify, but your friends will begin to ask themselfs : "What the hell is wrong with her?". And at the end, it may cause that nobody will want to talk with you again and your sadness/depression will take a permanent place in your mind... which nobody wants to happen.

As Bonabopn said : "Just don't suffer in silence." He's/she's right. Suffering will just devour your mind and soul.
    Don't be afraid to send a PM to anybody of us, if you will feel alone or in depression. I don't own a game console, but I can calmly bet my Chucklefish account, that people here are nicer than on any other website on the Internet.

6. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I can confirm that. At the beginning, I was paralyzed by the fact of interacting with others, then @Iris Blanche and I began to PM each other, and after that..
    Welp, people ain't scary anymore
    The fact is, folks 'round there are nice and talkative ^^

I_am_the_Storm and Iris Blanche like this.
  7. Senpai Deviljo

I know people are talkative and such but my dominant personality is anti-social and shyness in real life. So it's hard for me to talk even when i try to mask it.
    I don't know i just have that ever since middle school but it only had gotten worst in high school. Mostly i do that is i don't feel like i want to be a burden in their life and want to get my mind together. But then the phase go away while the problem still stays somewhere in my mind. But then it happens when i feel left out from the group my friend will put me in to chat and stuff. Like a good example: i did had a friend who hate being alone so he invited me in his discord group with 3-5 other people he knew but after 2 days he started not talking to me anymore. Eventhough i been helping with his feeling for a good amount of time. so i decided to leave the group since he looked like he got situated even in the game we played together he stop saying hi and such.