I got a letter from Shane at 1 heart?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ScarletAurora, Aug 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ScarletAurora

ScarletAurora Poptop Tamer

Hi folks! I'm new here. Also newly-affictionate for the game.
    Something happened in my game that I couldn't find anything about when googling so I thought I could ask here.
    So. At first I started the game without knowing what to expect, and I made a male character with a funny name, etc. But then I discovered you could have relationships with the game characters and grew fond of a few of them, and felt I wanted to be female in the game instead so I could feel more like "myself" lol.
    SO. I started a new game and all I wanted was to be friends with Shane! (so I can marry him later teehee) So I start talking to him often, gave him a beer, etc. Then at just 1 heart, I receive a letter from him in the mail, saying he thought it would be fun writing me a letter etc, with a pizza enclosed. That's when I got confused, as in the first game I only received such letters at 3 or 4 hearts (not sure). Was it a bug, or is it supposed to happen? It was kind of a let down because I feel I didn't even had time to pass through his rough exterior to build up the friendship... he's even still saying he "doesn't know me" and "why am I talking to him" when I do, lol.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Glad you're enjoying the game! Although Shane is very depressed, you may have found your way behind his defenses by giving him beer. As that's one of his loves, it's the only thing I can think of which would have made him send you something via the mails so quickly. I'm as surprised as you are, but when you think about it, this would actually be pretty insightful of CA (and also typical of him). The guy who's blunt, rude, and hurting is actually desperate for friendship and affection. That's not far off from real life.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
        ScarletAurora and ChaosAzeroth like this.
      • ScarletAurora

ScarletAurora Poptop Tamer

Yes, perhaps you're right. I may have been too quick to buy him a beer, hahah! He didn't send me any more letters with food enclosed after that one... at least until I got more hearts with him.

• Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The scary thing with Shane is that he keeps sending you pizza he stole from Joja even after Joja is long gone. Uh just how long have you been holding on to that for and is it really safe to eat?

Seismothesaurus likes this.
          • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Pizza is eternal.