1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue I keep on getting teleported back to the ship

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Red_Panda, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Red_Panda

Red_Panda Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, i'm having an issue with my modded starbound game.

The game teleports me back to my ship any time i go underwater or too far to the right on the ocean planet i use as a base. I've also noticed a Hylotl city on the left and an underwater dungeon? (i can just spot it before getting teleported out) on the planet that weren't there when i started making the base. I play multiplayer with 3 other people that are using the same mods. Other planets don't have this issue.

modlist: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2775004317
    error log:

Attached Files:

2. Genevra

Genevra Scruffy Nerf-Herder

that part of the planet may be corrupt, if you want to send me your planet file I may be able to recover it for u/repair the corrupt part but no promises

otherwise delete the world file so it regenerates it

Red_Panda likes this.
  3. Red_Panda

Here's the planet file.

I can't really delete the world, because i already have a few thing built there and i don't want to redo it all. Though i have found a mod with which i could just copy the buildings if i have to.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2022
  4. Genevra

ok, not sure if this worked or not but let me know.

is it possible you had mods installed and uninstalled them at some point or some other uninstalled item is causing the crash?

also can you tell me the planet title so I can test? I thought I found the system but couldn't find the individual planet upon looking

make sure you save a copy of the other world file before replacing, this is a test it could simply be a corrupt worldfile

Attached Files:

5. Red_Panda

The game crashed when i tried to land on the test world you sent (i made a backup obv).

The planet's title is "Xaerolloux 9441 II - a", it's orbiting a volcanic planet that's somewhat close to the blue star.

I haven't uninstalled any mods, though i did add some mods after having played on this save for a bit: Pandora's box - Legacy, PB - fixes (which does mean that i had "Pandoras Box Titans", an expansion to PB for a while before getting the actual mod) and also recently Base in a box and Modules in a box.

Also thanks for going through the trouble to try and fix this

6. Genevra

np, if you have any mod related to the string 'itsb_littlemermaid', try removing that mod. or, if you had a mod in the past that was related to that, try reinstalling it and going to that area to see if it works

7. Red_Panda

the 'itsb_littlemermaid' error comes from the mod "It's Bowman Presents: Little People" and removing it doesn't fix the teleporting issue, though it does change the error message
    link to a steam thread where someone else had the same issue: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1652471865/2260186248422753912/

old message:
    [Error] WorldServerThread exception caught: (SpawnTypeDatabaseException) No such spawnType 'itsb_littlemermaid'
    new error log message (i'm also sending the new error log file):
    [Error] UniverseServer: World CelestialWorld:419910914:251419667:-85169393:6:3 has stopped due to an error

just noticed the :3 lol

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2022
    Genevra likes this.
  8. Genevra

in the linked steam thread:
    Ruby [​IMG] May 14, 2020 @ 3:05pm

Just ran into a bug for Ocean planets. When I try to hop into the water and explore, it throws this at me:
    [Error] WorldServerThread exception caught: (SpawnTypeDatabaseException) No such spawnType 'itsb_littlemermaid'

this is the error you have encountered on the latest log as well, so it seems to be related to this. beyond this mod I don't see anything else that would be the cause. hope u figure it out