1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

I lost my watering can when i died in the mines and now i don't know how to get it back :/

Discussion in 'Support' started by sauntos, Oct 23, 2016.

1. sauntos

sauntos Space Spelunker

I don't know if this is a bug or not?? i'm playing in the beta version if thats helpful, i can't even buy a watering can or upgrade in the blacksmith :/
    this is the only time i lost my watering can when i died in the mines, if someone could help id be happy!!

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Tools are supposed to be mailed back to you within a day or so of being lost in the mines. If it's been longer then that, then you may need to resort to save game editing to get the watering can back. By design, it's supposed to be impossible to permanently lose tools due to blacking out in the mines. (That doesn't necessarily mean you didn't encounter a bug, though.)

• sauntos

sauntos Space Spelunker

what do you mean save game editing?? im kinda new so idk what it means or how to do it

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

While it's possible to edit a saved file using a good-quality text editor like Notepad++ (Stardew stores saved games in a very straightforward text format), it's probably not advised unless you really know what you're doing. For casual use, you might find this program helpful:
          http://community.playstarbound.com/...or-thanks-to-midgetman-and-map-editor.108255/

A self-updating saved game editor with inventory control. You can use this to restore your watering can. I would, however, wait a couple of days of game time-- as I said, the same is supposed to detect when you're missing a tool (like the watering can) and send you a replacement in the mail within a short time. I'd suggest you see if the game's failsafe works before resorting to tinkering with saved files. While the program I linked is supposed to make backups of your saved files automatically, it's a good idea to copy and back them up yourself before trying anything. Good luck!

• sauntos

sauntos Space Spelunker

Thank you!!! :D