1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

I started my game up recently only to see every NPC brain dead, help

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Leo the Kid, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Leo the Kid

Leo the Kid Yeah, You!

I'm unsure what caused this but almost every NPC in the game are stripped of their AI, making them "brain dead". All I have ever done was mess with my players' ship worlds and simply added a mod, then things went south when I saw my NPCs do absolutely nothing but stand there lifeless (Even special NPCs like Esther). Is there a fix? If so, how can I fix it?

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

So, what kind of thing are you messing with? From inside the game (gameplay) or from outside the game (save game, file, etc)? And what mod did you add?

3. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Moved to Starbound support.

4. Leo the Kid

Leo the Kid Yeah, You!

It was from outside the game and I was doing a thing where I was copying an old character's ship and rename the copy to the new character's id. I forgot what mod I recently added to the game since I decided to take a break on it, both from trying to fix the problem and playing the game, but I do remember that it wasn't a mod that altered the NPCs' AI. I tried unsubing the workshop mods that altered AIs and that didn't work, even uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work. I'll try unsubing and uninstalling all the mods I have there and see which mod us causing it.

5. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

When asking for support always provide your log. This file often will hold the information needed to identify the issue. Without the log its almost impossible to help.

6. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Why did you do that for? You know that messing with the save file is not that simple, and a single mistake could ruin the whole file.

While for the mod, you need to be advise that some mod can permanently alter your save game (which is a good reason why you should back up your save game before installing a mod), and it cannot be reverse (like FU and other race mod). And yeah, maybe you need to give us your log file, so that we can identify the problem better.

7. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

This only applies to messing with the playerfile directly if one doesn't know how its built. :nuruwink: Renaming the shipworld file to the new player-uuid should be fine. The file structure is still the same and it's contents not corrupted. :nuruhappy: Not entirely sure about the crew directly but iirc the crew is saved in the playerfile and not in the shipworld file. But this should be the only part affecting the shipworld via the playerfile.

Daikon Ocelot likes this.