1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

I suppose difficulty could be set to casual

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Lazarus5403, Dec 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Lazarus5403

Lazarus5403 Space Hobo

I have never played a game on "easy" in my over two decades of gaming and I feel a little dirty doing so. I am tired of being obliterated at an early level though. Honestly, though I did not mind the hunger mechanic, why on earth would my robot need to anyway. Though losing your items made sense why on earth would I keep my weapons? I suppose hardcore would make the most logical sense but then i am back to my robot eating and being obliterated if I don't flee from everything...

2. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Did you not read any of the lore about the glitch? They were made to simulate EVERY aspect of life including having to EAT breathe and drink

3. Lazarus5403

Lazarus5403 Space Hobo

oops no I am always a bit lazy on lore more a mechanics person. The difficulty does not seem to affect enemies. So it seems to only be for punishing the player which I am baffled by when combat mechanics are apparently inferior compared to Terraria from what I have read... debates about hit boxes etc but Terraria lacks the exploration of Starbound with the ability to travel and colonize a universe which is what attracted me honestly.