Modding Discussion I think this is the right place?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Hazoo, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Hazoo

Hazoo Intergalactic Tourist

Hello! I have a question about either making a mod, or finding a mod!

So, I have misophonia, which is a condition that makes certain kinds of noises incredibly, unreasonably rage inducing. So far, I've cringed and borne the pain every time I had to feed my Farmers to get their energy back, but I think I've reached the end of my patience. Is there a way to get rid of that awful, evil crunching noise when you eat? I'm living off milky strawberry juice from a mod right now, but the really good energy packed things are in solid food form. Has someone else made a mod that does this? If not, can anyone tell me how to make the adjustment for myself without breaking something? I appreciate your patience and attention, thank you!

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Unfortunately, we don't have a way to mod the sound effects, only the music. You could try disabling the SFX though.

• catstar8

catstar8 Void-Bound Voyager

oh man, i have misophonia too and i feel that.... there may be a way to remove it, but it'd take SMAPI and doesn't exist yet. you could post the suggestion here: https://github.com/StardewModders/mod-ideas to see if anyone might want to pick it up!

• Hazoo

Thank you both so much for replying! I'll take a look at the SFX files, but I'll back everything up first just in case. If that doesn't work, then I'll go to Mod Ideas with it!

• catstar8

catstar8 Void-Bound Voyager

You should be able to disable only sound effects from the ingame menu--there are options for sound effects, music, and ambience I believe, and that'd be sound effects

• Hazoo

Yeah, that kills everything though. If I can get rid of that one noise, without getting rid of bat-squeaks, buzzing insect noises, fishing noises, etc, that's my ideal goal. Unfortunately, it looks like it's going to be more complicated than I hoped, since I know zero about programming or modding. Off to Mod Ideas...