I will do it for you [Mythbusting]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Obesius, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Obesius

Obesius Big Damn Hero

I've played this game for some time, atm i don't feel like doing nothing so let's do some mythbusting.

Just post whatever you want to know how it works and i will try it and provide screenshots of the results.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Well, I've never seen the Dark Shrine of Selfishness in action and will most likely never give it a try on my own either. I do wonder how it works, do you just give the shrine a prismatic shard and then you go home to a house without kids or what? Does your spouse care about the fact you turned the kids into pigeons?

• Obesius

Obesius Big Damn Hero

I seen it on some videos before, the kids teleport to you in the shrine and fly off as dovens instantly.
        I can check ou later but as far as i know the wife doesn't says anything.

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

You press ok, then some smoke appears at the shrine out of which one or two doves fly away. That is the whole ceremony. When you go back home the kids are gone and your spouse says nothing except "do you want a baby?" some nights later.
          Tldr: they fly away instantly and everything is like they were never born.

• KaoticKanine

KaoticKanine Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, thank you so much for this service :D Very handy for many of us who want to know tiny bits of info but are too lazy scared to test them out :rofl:

Well, I've been wondering about the properties of the Hill-top river. Basically, does it function like the town river, wherein you can catch River Fish and such? Or is it nothing more than the standard farm pond filled with trash and only useful for refilling watering can and Crab Pots?

• Pillowtroop1

Pillowtroop1 Void-Bound Voyager

Put a red mushroom in the soup for the Luau festival.

• Obesius

Obesius Big Damn Hero

Just tryed out, got Sunfish, Chub's on a spring sunny day, tryed again on rain and got a Shad (After a long time) so it behave's just like the Town River i guess.
                Better than riverland GG

Can't go into Giant Mode anymore #BeTheMeta

KaoticKanine likes this.
                • ari462

ari462 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've always wondered if you die in the mines with other galaxy weapons such as the daggers, do you lose them? Because the wiki says you will lose weapons but not the Galaxy sword on death(would also be interesting to see if this is true) but the wiki doesn't mention the other Galaxy weapons.

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I always wondered if giving your spouse food later in the evening versus first thing in the morning would increase the likelyhood that they stay in bed the next day.

Also I had a theory that if you go to bed at the same time your kids are running (so usually at like the on the hour mark) it increases the likelyhood they are going to be in the wallspaces and black parts of the house the next day.

• Obesius

Obesius Big Damn Hero

Going to test it out later and i will edit here.

Ok so i will get Abby the attention she deserves.
                      *Open Game*
                      *Check Abby*
                      *0 Hearts*
                      I didn't talked to her for like 40~ years

Can someone cover this myth for me?

• KaoticKanine

KaoticKanine Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, I just remembered another myth for you to check out for me ^_^; I recall seeing a tidbit that goats lose happiness if the barn door is left open overnight. But is this actually true?

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

All barn animals will, actually, not just Goats. To the point that, if you want a stress-free way of handling your barn animals, just keep them indoors, feed them hay, and this also gives you a central location to do all your petting in so you don't have to track them down in the morning. At least until Winter when their happiness will wrap back around to 0 from max if you stay up too late, due to some screwy coding.

KaoticKanine likes this.
                          • Obesius

Obesius Big Damn Hero

They are attacked by wolf's if left alone outside
                            If you left the door open during the night they will go rest.
                            PS: if you trap one animal inside fences he can find his way out of it as long as you're not on the farm.
                            You really only need to keep them inside with the door's closed if there's a Thunderstorm.

PS: if you have too many animals some might get stuck outside. (Like if you have 300 pigs or something near that.

KaoticKanine likes this.
                            • Pillowtroop1

Pillowtroop1 Void-Bound Voyager

Man this guy is a GENIUS. I wonder where he gets it from...

• Liecham

Liecham Space Hobo

I only have been playing a couple days a week and have only 3 weeks in so if you could test presenting the shadow bird you see at dusk with items to see if it triggers anything that be cool. Maybe items like the gem fruit or ancient fruit. Maybe the golden pumpkin. Maybe something birds like idk

• Belethine

Belethine Title Not Found

Do you mean the crows? If so then I don't think you can give them anything, but they might eat your crops if you don't have scarecrows...

Btw can the golden pumpkin be used for anything else other than being sold?

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

The 'shadow bird you see at dusk' is likely the owl that occasionally passes overhead after sunset. Like the rest of the general wildlife seen around town, it's just atmosphere. And no, so far as is known, the Golden Pumpkin has no other uses aside from cash, or table decoration. It's not even useful as a gift, as everyone in town dislikes it for some reason. Personally, if someone gave /me/ a golden pumpkin as a gift I'd be pretty happy about it.

Of course, far be it from me to start a rumor that leaving it out for the Crop Fairy to enchant will net you a magical carriage to ride to the ball...

• Belethine

Belethine Title Not Found

Yes it's an owl, I got confused before ^^u. Well I guess you're right about the pumpkin too, I could never sell it though. Perhaps the mythbuster could help us with your 'rumor'...

• Pokegamer69

Pokegamer69 Space Hobo

Hey I was on a wiki and It said after you turn your children into dove(s) "On the Standard Farm: Watching TV on Fall 26 and choosing "???" will show an eerie message, and then an Ancient Doll will pop out of the TV. Thereafter, there will be a cursed Ancient Doll in front of the Dark Shrine of Selfishness, which will fly around and attack the player. When slain, this Ancient Doll will turn into a large black bird and fly away." is this true and If so can you tell me what the message says?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
                                        • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

If you wish to see the event in action:

This youtube video shows the entire sequence from TV broadcast to Witch's Hut (timestamp 1:00 through about 4:45; video contains SPOILERS, but you probably figured that out already).

It is true and it is creepy.
                                          The message on television says 'You brought this upon yourself... now I'm free... hee hee hee!'
                                          The doll, once floating in front of the shrine inside the Witch's Hut, is one of the more disturbing events CA has added to the game, in my opinion, but perhaps a suitable karmic retribution for erasing your own children.