IDEA: Jobs?!

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by XelaBruh, Jul 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. XelaBruh

XelaBruh Aquatic Astronaut

First off, pretty excited for 1.0 tomorrow! I'm loving all the new changes and additions especially the bounty hunter aspect. That's what got me thinking of this idea. Please give me feedback. Okay so what if there were some sort of job type system. Like you could have a job as a space cop who gets info on wanted criminals and goes out and arrests them and gets to go undercover on certain missions. You could be a weapon manufacturer who goes around selling to both sides of the law. They'd have to add a morality system too i suppose lol. You could also be a Galactic Rancher who finds a planet to start a lucrative farming business. You could raise animals and crops to take to the Outpost to sell. You could also be a Space Miner who goes to resource rich planets to mine for minerals to sell back at the outpost. Just thought about that and wanted to express my ideas lol.

2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Very nice ideas, altho implementing something that big you could as well make it a Total-Converstion type mod, given the aim of your ideas, it would require huge ammounts of work to make it right. Not impossible tho,

XelaBruh likes this.
  3. XelaBruh

Yeah i guess that would defeat the purpose of being the Protectorate as well...

4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

being the protectowho?

5. Femmex

Femmex Industrial Terraformer

I like the idea, but the examples you wrote - expect the animal thing - are things that i can make and do all the time ingame.

I produce so much food, that i have to sell it, and sometimes i have this much ores that i could do it. Where is the difference?

6. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Well of course you can farm up that much, and mine up that much, but he means it in a more, at lacks of a better word "immersive" way, with its dedicated npcs, interfaces and objects, most likely.

7. Femmex

Femmex Industrial Terraformer

Ahhh okay ^^

8. XelaBruh

EXACTLY!

9. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

If you can get ahold of n experienced modder, I think its possible to do jobs as "missions" using the Tiled mission... errr... whatever thing which is a custom map/mission editor, the modder in question could probably make the mod in the nature of missions, or minigames so to speak, lets say for instance... a mining job would be a mission beaming you to X planet with X threat level (the more difficult, the higher pay/reward) and it would bestow on you equipment for said mission ON the spot, so you would have to acquire it, rather than have it on your inventory all the time.

10. XelaBruh

Yeah, but you shouldn't have the equipment given you should acquire it yourself. More immersive i suppose lol

11. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Sorry, I meant to say "It would NOT give you the equipment fir saud mission" dunno, maybe on containers placed thruout the instance.

12. XelaBruh

Yeah i like that idea better!