Ids

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CarelessGuy, Dec 22, 2018.

1. CarelessGuy

CarelessGuy Void-Bound Voyager

Whenever I need ids for items, mostly for experimenting new mods I found, I will post them here. Right now I need: Ids for all fish, and all items from crab pots. Please put the name of the item next to the id, if you don't my brain will only recognize the numbers and...well I'm not a fan of numbers *shiver*

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

You can do this yourself, actually. All that information is found in Stardew Valley/Content/Data/Fish.xnb. Just use a program like xnbcli to unzip it and open up the resulting fish.json file.

• CarelessGuy

I use Windows, I can't get that, and I can't find any apps to use with xnb files.

Edit: why did all the files in the folder with the fish.xnb turn to notepads? And some of the file names changed.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Uhhh... it's primarily a Windows program, so I don't see why not?

That's a question I have insufficient data to answer. Perhaps you told your computer that .xnb was a file that was read by notepad?

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Here's a list...

Attached Files:

• CarelessGuy

When I looked in the app store it doesn't show up. And I did use notepad to read the file, but I didn't check the box to make it do that every time.

Thank you. Now I just have to transfer the fish ids from this list onto another list, and hope that the mod I'm doing this for is still compatible with SMAPI ( it was updated recently, so it should be fine :up: )

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2018
              • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

• CarelessGuy

I have no idea what I'm doing, Better Crab Pots is too complicated. I'm just gonna give up for now.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i'd offer you my config file but i actually modified it to give the kind of realistic results one would expect from a shore-side crabpot in a town as filthy as sdv X''D three-quarters of what pops up is trash and fossils and fishing discards from the ocean and most everything from the fresh is junk you'd expect to trawl from a lake X'''D

• CarelessGuy

I have the config file for the mod but before I had only taken a quick look at it. I thought I would just need to list the ids under the different places and whether it is trash or not. Turns out it's a teeensy bit more complicated. That's too complicated for me. :down:

Also, do you know a mod so I can just find every fish in one spot in every season or something? I'm trying to catch them all for an achievement, but boy am I lazy. If you know a mod for this, please post a link.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i have no idea, when i need to speed things up for testing i just use the cjb item spawner, otherwise i fish normally X''D

• CarelessGuy

Well when I spawn fish it doesn't count towards my collection or the achievement. Aaaaaalso whoever sees this if you have time join my server ( please don't bring your own mods, they might conflict with mine )
                        invite code:
                        E6MG9V63U40