Question If you could be any type of Bender, what would it be?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jtl400, Aug 1, 2016.

?

What type of bender would you be?

1. Airbender

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Waterbender

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. Earthbender

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. Firebender

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Jtl400

Jtl400 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you dont get what im trying to ask you've probably never watched Avatar The Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra (which im just starting to binge watch..)

So what would you want to be?

1. Airbender

[​IMG]

Airbending, one of the four elemental bending arts, is the aerokinetic ability to control and manipulate air. The peaceful Air Nomads utilized this type of bending in their everyday lives.

Air is the element of freedom. The Air Nomads detached themselves from worldly problems and concerns; finding peace and freedom was the key to solving their difficulties in life. Airbenders continually sought spiritual enlightenment, and, as a result, all children born into the Air Nomads were benders. The first airbenders learned their art from the flying bison.

2. Waterbending

[​IMG]

Waterbending, one of the four elemental bending arts, is the hydrokinetic ability to control water in all of its various forms. This type of bending is used by the people of the Water Tribe, who are divided into the Southern, Northern and lesser known Foggy Swamp tribes, as well as those of the United Republic, each with their own unique bending style.

Water is the element of change. The moon is the source of power in waterbending, and the original waterbenders learned to bend by observing how the moon pushed and pulled the tides. The Water Tribes are the only people who did not learn bending from an animal, though the Moon and Ocean Spirits took the form of koi fish in the mortal world near the beginning of the Avatar World.

3. Earthbending

[​IMG]

Earthbending, one of the four elemental bending arts, is the geokinetic ability to manipulate earth and rock in all their various forms, prevalent in the Earth Kingdom and the United Republic.

Earth is the element of substance, while the people of the Earth Kingdom are diverse, strong, and enduring. Following the lion turtles' decision to relinquish their role as protectors of mankind, Oma and Shu were the first earthbenders to learn this art from the badgermoles. Look to the classic song Cave of Two Lovers, heres the lyrics: "Two lovers, forbidden from one another, a war divides their people. And a mountain divides them apart. Built a path to be together. And I forget the rest but then it goes SECRET TUNNEL! SECRET TUNNEL! THROUGH THE MOUNTAINS! SECRET SECRET SECRET SECRET TUNNELLLLLLL, YEAH!"

...And DIE!

4. Firebending

[​IMG]

Firebending, one of the four elemental bending arts, is the pyrokinetic ability to control fire. It is unique among the bending arts, as it is the only one in which the performer can spontaneously generate the element. The first human firebenders lived in a city atop a lion turtle during the era of Raava and the art later spread to the Sun Warriors, the Fire Nation, and the United Republic. The Earth Kingdom also has a small firebending minority.

As described by Iroh, fire is the element of power, consisting of overpowering force tempered by the unflinching will to accomplish tasks and desires. However, during the Hundred Year War, a militaristic Fire Nation twisted this into firebending being fueled by rage, hatred, and anger. Firebending draws its power from the sun, and the first human firebenders derived their firebending techniques from the dragons.

So I have gave you your choices... Which will you choose..

[​IMG]

Kaede Grimwater likes this.
  2. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

This is a really hard choice. I usually pick Air/Lightning/Storm when it comes to decisions about elements, but in the Avatar universe I am a really big fan of the earth benders and their society.

Jtl400 likes this.
  3. Jtl400

Good choice, I personally love their society aswell especially the story of the first two earthbenders. I bet you remember it for sure Oma and Shu two secret lovers who's nations were fighting eachother in a war so they decided to build a tunnel straight through a mountain that divided their people by learning the ability to bend rock to their will from the original earthbenders the Badgermoles, such as the other nations got taught by animals aswell Firebenders taught by dragons, Airbenders taught by sky bison, but Waterbenders have the moon its odd how that works out but they still had La and Tui the ying and yang koi fish in the Spirit Oasis until Admiral Zhao killed off the moon spirit Tui but Princess Yue (or as you probably remember more as Sokka's lover girl from the Northern Water Tribe) then sacrificed herself for the moon spirit to live once more. Sorry i rambled :rofl:, Im a sucker for love stories aswell.

4. Kaede Grimwater

I don't remember much, it has been years since I saw Avatar TLA, and I never got the chance to watch Korra.

5. Jtl400

Well i suggest watching Korra cause i never got to watch it until just on tuesday which since then ive been binge watching it im on the last season now :rofl: 6 more episodes to go until the end of it! Also all that stuff i said was in the first series so ya it has been a long while since it came out.

6. Kaede Grimwater

I do not currently have the means to watch either series, and I am not keen to piracy.

7. Jtl400

Nah im just saying watch the new one. When ya get the chance to though watch it, its pretty damn good.

8. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Still my favorite song ever. :up:

I have to go airbender. I enjoy the nomad life. Also the mobility that airbending grants is very appealing.

Unlike the other elements, air can be used to manipulate and move objects in the least obstructive manner. That, and I think that being an airbender would really supplement my laid back, lifestyle. :D

Jtl400 and Kaede Grimwater like this.
  9. Jtl400

For sure one of the best songs in the series right next to 'Leaves from the Vine" from when Uncle Iroh was making a little shrine right outside or in Ba Sing Se to mourn his son dying in the war and celebrate his birthday, sadly the little soldier boy never came marching home...
    That episode also was dedicated to Mako Iwamatsu original voice of many beloved characters from many animated series such as obviously Uncle Iroh, Aku, short time as a narrator for The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and narrator for Dexters Lab, and even Rugrats In Paris. Sadly he passed away on July 21, 2016 after a long battle with esophageal cancer...

He will be remembered, such a great man.

Here's the lyrics to Leaves From The Vine:

Leaves from the vine
    Falling so slow
    Like fragile, tiny shells
    Drifting in the foam
    Little soldier boy
    Come marching home
    Brave soldier boy
    Comes marching home

10. Jtl400

For all of whom who want to listen to this beautiful song here is the clip of Iroh himself singing it:

On a brighter less sad note, here's the video for the traveling band!!:

On another side note, i found a link to all of the songs from the world of avatar if your interested go here: http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Songs_in_the_World_of_Avatar

11. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I've been rewatching avatar for this past weeks til now
    (still im in book 2.watching it in slow pace cuz I don't want to end it fast. )

if I finished watching the series, I won't rewatch Kora. The Kora series is a lil bit bland to me, unlike its predecessor. Also, it has too many CGI animation, which I don't like in anime/cartoon.

Oh, and if I become a bender, I will choose Firebending, with a specialized bending called Combustionbending.

Jtl400 likes this.
  12. Jtl400

Ya i felt a lil weird with Korra but still enjoyed it. Also ya combustionbending is surely something man i remember the first time seeing Combustion Man and thought holy hell this guy can fuck shit up with that eye tatto on his forehead. Then in Korra you see a new person that has this ability but i didnt care much for her.

Crossfang likes this.
  13. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Same here! xD

14. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

Airbending
    Then i can use my powers to win every gliding competition, and fly to places instead of driving a car or something

Disclaimer: i know nothing about Avatar

15. Jtl400

Well sir anyone is welcome to this thread, in the original series Aang had a glider himself in the form of a staff. Some Airbenders use this to travel around by moving the wind under them with this glider staff.

[​IMG]

A newer version was developed in the second series called Legend of Korra, which basically was a wingsuit, Id prefer a glider staff to be honest it acts as a versatile weapon and quick way to travel.

[​IMG]

OR

You could just be straight up lazy and ride on a Sky Bison all day long.

[​IMG]

16. Thee Pie Man

Thee Pie Man Subatomic Cosmonaut

Air bending for me. Arguably one of the best powers. Could probably create a vacuum in a space and knock out foes from lack of oxygen for a short time. Feel like that would be the easiest way to incapacitate foes if there were any.

Being able to fly is pretty cool, and using air you can mimic the other bending sorta. Not actually bend other things but you can move water, earth and fire with air.

17. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Existential Complex

I chose option number five, meatbag!
    Bender.jpg

Iaeyan Elyuex and rexicom like this.
  18. Ursula

Ursula Guest

I can't swim so I'll be a water bender. X3

Or...
    [​IMG]

rexicom and Jtl400 like this.
  19. Jtl400

Well :rofl: I posted this first on the ILB forums and like two other people made the same joke :rofl:. Good on ya tho for being the first one to make that joke here fella.

20. Ursula

Ursula Guest

[​IMG]