1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Illuminated Ores 1.7 for 1.3.2

Slightly glowing ores to make them easier visible

1. Amadox

Amadox Void-Bound Voyager

2. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

Nice. I was trying to do this with my my mod, but couldn't figure out how to revert it to fractions that the system liked. Looks like your edits need to be converted to patches for compatibility, but it looks great.

edit: Here's the quick conversion to the .patch file that I made for my game if you want to use it: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8nqfkbcn2tcqc4x/IlluminatedOres.zip

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  3. Amadox

Ah yes, I was going ot look into that patch format after I noticed you made a similar mod and poked around in it a bit. Thank you!

4. Amadox

5. Amadox

Amadox updated Illuminated Ores with a new update entry:

Bugfix

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. nekroskoma

nekroskoma Void-Bound Voyager

Does this work for enraged koala (stable), because it doesn't work for me.

7. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

No, sorry. More glowy effects were implemented in the unstable. The new patch system is pretty simple and fun too once you get the hang of it. It will be neat to see what modders will be able to do with it from here on out.

8. nekroskoma

nekroskoma Void-Bound Voyager

Damn, well more reason to go over to the unstable then.

9. obsceneobzen

obsceneobzen Void-Bound Voyager

Do I just extract this to the mods folder?

10. DinixM

DinixM Void-Bound Voyager

Released:
    Jan 2, 2015
    Downloads:

OP is confirmed for Satan.
    Kidding of course, love the mod.

11. Prae255

Prae255 Void-Bound Voyager

Looking good!

Add some crazies:
    Option1: Tiered Backpack that activates the glow. Ores glow depending on the backpack type. Tier one would detect up to iron, Tier 2 adds higher ore types to the glow-list.
    Option 2: Fuel powered detection station that has to be placed on the planet you're surveying. No fuel: no glowies.

12. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

I was about to download Colore, but ya 'tis a lot better.

13. IzunaTan

IzunaTan Phantasmal Quasar

Sadly, I don't know how forums work.. but thats not why im here.I installed the mod correctly and it shos the asset as loaded in the menu screen, but the ores have no glow at all, which is kinda confusing[DOUBLEPOST=1423761119][/DOUBLEPOST]Nevermind, solved my own problem, I turned my tv brightness and contrast down so much i thought they didnt glow

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  14. DrCapsaicin

DrCapsaicin Intergalactic Tourist

Quick question: Does this recognize anything labeled as an ore, or does it recognize each ore separately? i.e. will it also highlight ores that are added by other mods (for example, tin ore and the gems added by the ISE3 mod)?

15. Medraidas

Medraidas Space Hobo

Kay, can't seem to get this mod to work properly. Already installed two mods beforehand and they work just fine.

16. hokum

hokum Orbital Explorer

How is this supposed to be installed? It doesn't seem to be working at all for me.

17. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Put it in the mods folder and verify the mod version and game version match.

18. hokum

hokum Orbital Explorer

Ah yeah, the versions don't match. It's not been updated since Jan. Never mind then.

19. Mechrior

Mechrior Scruffy Nerf-Herder

someone already asked but is there a way to tag modded ores as well please as im having trouble finding them at the moment and this mod would be a GREAT help

20. DDSilver

DDSilver Void-Bound Voyager

Is this compatable with Frackin Universe?