1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm an Ideot

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by IceCutlass, Sep 24, 2016.

1. IceCutlass

IceCutlass Void-Bound Voyager

so when i was playing starbound i was looking at some of the item Ids and i found that there was a background called
    "01 back Protectorate Background, A set piece not designed to be used as an object." now like an idoet like me, I placed the background... HUGE mistake, it makes it worse that its on my VILLAGE world... if anyone knows what command to get rid of it please tell me.

2. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

3. Megumin

Megumin Guest

*facepalms* try to backup world files

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Since it's an object that isn't meant to be obtained by the player i don't have an idea tbh...maybe it's possible accessing the position where it's placed and remove it via script or temporarily override the asset with an object that can be removed.

You're right about backing up data but there is also a nicer way to say that :nurutease:

~ Iris ~

5. Littleman9Mew2

Littleman9Mew2 Zero Gravity Genie

Oh my, Protectorate background? Oh crap, yeah that is bad, I can't figure out in the files how to modify it to be removable as it doesn't even have a definitive "anchor" point.
    Ok, so I can figure out a few solutions:
    -SOMEHOW, find the "bounding box" on the object, it's their but hidden on the object so fiddling around with mining may help.
    -Allow the gamerule to allow building in an area, so that if removes the "cannot remove junk here" stuff (Like near ancient portals)
    -Mod the files to include (or remove?) the file (will cause crashes, so be careful)
    -Delete that planet file and try again.

Just to be sure, check for users replies to make sure before attempting any of these.

6. IceCutlass

I rarely do...

And how do i do that?

7. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Just out of curiosity. When you found the protectorate backing, did you try finding the backing that matched the planet you are on? Try spawning it and using that?

It probably might override the previously placed backing?

8. IceCutlass

do you know the Item id for it?

9. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

What exactly does that wall background do that's so bad?

10. Hel

It depends on the type of planet your village is set on?

11. IceCutlass

its a barren planet

its on the surface, in the air, that you cant get rid of

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2016
  12. Hel

I can see a few different types of backing, 30 to be exact, all called protectorate. With the exception of one called Protectorate Stage.

Are all of these gonna be backings for different planets? I dunno but it seems quite likely.

I would suggest probably spawning them and seeing what they are and what they do. But do so on a planet you will not ever visit.

OR, you could always restore a previous save, assuming you have not quit and started the game more than 3 times.

13. IceCutlass

what happens if i do it over 3 saves?

14. Hel

They're backups. And it saves the 3 times you closed.

Just in case if something happens in an event like this

15. IceCutlass

where do i find the backups?(if there there...)

16. Hel

They're normally found here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\storage

However, I dunno about you but I only have backups for characters and not worlds. Yikes.

17. IceCutlass

dont see it...
    but heres a video of my village and the background.

18. Mjollna

Mjollna Phantasmal Quasar

Do you remember the command you've used to place the background (/spawnitem something ?) ? I'd like to make tests to see if I find a method to place and remove it. Of course I'll share if I find a way, though I can't guarantee I'll find one.

Edit : Oh ok that was easy for the command (/spawnitem 01back). I'll tell you if I find some way to get rid of it :)

Edit 2 (sorry for editing 2 times) :

Hey I've found it ! There's a sort of invisible frame around the image as Littleman9Mew2 pointed. If you use the matter manipulator to destroy (on the foreground) around the spot where the red cursor is on the screen below, the huge image should go back to your inventory again. I could place and remove the image several times that way.

anchor_protectorate.png

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    IceCutlass and DanielCoffey like this.
  19. Zlyvr

Zlyvr Phantasmal Quasar

Maybe you know - are there backgrounds like this for ships?
    It must be... interesting ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    Ankali likes this.
  20. IceCutlass

Thank you so much. [:] EDIT [:] btw whats up with the item block?