Race im just saiyan

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by creepwolf, Jul 14, 2012.

1. creepwolf

creepwolf Giant Laser Beams

yeah saiyans, unless they cant be called saiyans then they could just a different species of human, think of them as an easter egg
    [​IMG]
    they come from a long dead planet (cough planet vegeta cough) tough alot of them survived (lies LIES) they dont live on one primary planet instead they are scattered among other races. their communities are very small and they are very aggressive they usually attack if you get too close, their weapons include their fists and very unsophisticated weapons like spears and knifes. there hair seems to pulse blonde when they are on low health.

their health is usually above average and their attack power is almost always unnaturally high

drops
    brown fur
    scouter
    orange gem
    knifes spears and other basic weapons

armor can be crafted with brown fur and
    the scouter can see though vanity armor,
    no one knows how these cavemen got hold of a scouter
    [​IMG][​IMG]

they are a very unsophisticated race, unintelligent but powerful, you dont wont to get into a fight with these people

2. Tctoocold

Tctoocold Subatomic Cosmonaut

If your going to design a race Based on Dragon Ball Z try to make it less obvious otherwise it would breach Copyright and therefore never be implemented (which isn't too good is it?)
    I suggest name changes to the race and indeed the planet, i also noticed you were missing a couple of things to make the race clearly out lined to the public so they truly know what you want implemented and so they see it the same way

Try adding some of the points I raise in this thread to your suggestion to make it more appealing to the reader and the developers - http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/how-to-structure-your-suggestions.8019/

Hamit Oezdemir and Ghostar like this.
  3. creepwolf

i changed it a little is it any better?

4. Lesur_Adnelah

Lesur_Adnelah Void-Bound Voyager

I think this is a great idea, Tiy needs to put this in the game.

5. Ephexis

Ephexis Cosmic Narwhal

i actually like the way you presented them, and the sprites look nice too :up:

however maybe a name change could be done so no copyright and whatnot: possibly use another language to pronounce the word(s) "ape-people" or "skin-walkers" (supernatural reference ;p)
    skin walker basically means(going by supernatural) a human that transforms into an animal, or vise versa: such as a dog turning into a human(I'll explain why i mentioned that shortly)

also I'd like to add to this race, since it's much more common for saiyans to turn into giant apes over super saiyan: why not have it as below

when a saiyan's health drops to 30% or lower, there is a 10% chance that he/she will go into "super saiyan"(this can be reworded as just "super mode") and that saiyan get's a boost to their attack,defense and some extra hp

now when it's night time and your fighting a saiyan, there is a 20% chance that when their hp drops to 30% he/she will transform into "giant ape mode" (call this whatever you want :p) and their attack power goes up, along with their hp, but has slightly lowered defense(the boost isn't as large as super mode)
    this mode will be roughly the size of king slime from terraria(in height)

Lesur_Adnelah and Tctoocold like this.
  6. creepwolf

how about they could be a variation of the ape people, an already confirmed race (i think) that way their not saiyans, more of an easter egg :up:

7. Ghoschief

Ghoschief Phantasmal Quasar

I would love to see the armor/scouter as a sort of cameo type thing, but I think having Saiyans as a race themselves is a bit OP ;p

8. 1.1

1.1 Big Damn Hero

what are you inSAYAN?

jk, like Cowskee said it would be cool as a cameo