1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

I'm making a pop-up book! (in progress)

Discussion in 'Art' started by Shanatronn, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Shanatronn

Shanatronn Tentacle Wrangler

Hey guys, as many of you, I'm a big fan of Starbound. Since I'm out of school for the summer, I decided to use my fertile to make a pop-up book for this game. I'd like some feedback on how the progress is turning out, and I thought a community like this; who is knowledgeable of the game, should critic it for me.

I've got some plans for this piece, as I will list them down below;
    - The pop-up book will almost be completely out of paper. There may be some pen and ink involved, but it'll be primarily paper.
    - The book is basically about the different races in the current Starboard game, so MOST of everything there is to know about the 7 main race. I don't think I'll be adding any mod characters in the book, because i'm not familiar with them. (sorry!)
    - I'm trying to design the book to be like... a pokedex, like in the pokemon games. I'm designing my book to make it look like you scanned and stored information from a race you've encountered if starboard was real, and the book would show more information about them.

So yeah, I think this is all I got to say, so I hope you'll follow me in this adventure, and talk to you guys later :)
    Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 10.16.05 PM.png

Lodish, MitKit, X marks it and 9 others like this.
  2. FadedSketch

FadedSketch Subatomic Cosmonaut

That is really awesome! what you have so far looks amazing, you're very good that this sort of thing. :) Keep it up, can't wait to see it finished! :giggle:

Alkanthe likes this.
  3. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

wow, hella cool

Alkanthe likes this.
  4. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

That looks really nice!

5. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Holy crap, this is cool! It's amazing how you were able to preserve the starbound style entirely with paper cutouts. I'd love to see more progress pics!

Alkanthe likes this.